Page 1 of 2
I got this idea while sitting on the throne(toilet) where all good ideas come from.

Basically, since the Europeans always complain about how Americans complain about gas prices and saying the Americans don't need trucks and should drive tiny little cars and stuff like the Europeans do, my idea is for ya'll to post if your in America, Canada, or Europe, the year of your vehicle, weather it's a car or truck and most important, the current mileage on your vehicle(ball park it).

Hopefully, once everyone sees how many miles our various vehicles drive in the different countries then everyone will start to develop some kind of respect for each other countries traveling needs.

It's a long shot though.

I live in America, drive a 1994 truck, with 164,700 miles on it.
Had a 1995 BMW 740il, 260k miles, damn good car. Currently have a Pontiac Grand Prix with around 165k.

I'm in America btw.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
95 Toyota Avalon with about 250K on it.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I have 1990 Toyota 4runner(suv) with 196k on it.

I also have a 2008 Roketa Scooter with >500 miles on it.
Me and my boyfriend are kind of sharing both our cars at the moment.

Mine is a 1999 Renault Megane 1.6 RXE with about 56,500 miles (but it had only about 45k when I bought it)

His is a BMW 318ti compact with about 130,000 miles.

How does that exactly prove what we use the car for? I've only had mine a year. The previous owner never used it.
This is me in my 2007 Little Tykes Cosy Coupé, just chilling.
About 500 metres on the dash.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

UK, 5-year old petrol car, a little over 30k. I don't often drive far .

The issue I have isn't with the size/economy of your cars (although this shouldn't be affected by the distance you have to travel - 'I need to drive long distances and therefore need a bigger, thirstier car' - that doesn't hold much water). The issue I have is the fact that your pricing on virtually everything motoring-related (fuel, insurance, the cars themselves) is so massively out-of-whack with the rest of the world. There is no way paying as little as you do for these things can be sustainable; somebody, somewhere, is getting brutally shafted just so America can continue paying peanuts for fuel. Why?
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Roughly 106,000 on my 2003 Jeep Liberty.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I got this idea while sitting on the throne(toilet) where all good ideas come from.

Basically, since the Europeans always complain about how Americans complain about gas prices and saying the Americans don't need trucks and should drive tiny little cars and stuff like the Europeans do

We do complain about fuel prices - and rightly so.

The bit in bold... Wtf?

Either way, I drive a 2001 Citroen Xsara with 78 000 I think. About 6 - 7000 of those I've put on since October (when I bought the car).
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

1999 Nissan Micra,

67,118 miles on it.

I have done 26,000 miles since December 2009 when I bought the car. I only have it because its such a cheap car to run. Its going soon.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
1998 Pontiac Sunfire (2 Door)

280,000 Kilometers (173,984 miles)

It sucks pretty hard

Edit: Live in canada btw
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Last edited by mtforever at Apr 2, 2011,
The main reason for complaint is that british petrol costs around $8.75 a gallon while most americans are complaining thats its costing them about $3.50-$4.00
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Me and my boyfriend are kind of sharing both our cars at the moment.

Mine is a 1999 Renault Megane 1.6 RXE with about 56,500 miles (but it had only about 45k when I bought it)

His is a BMW 318ti compact with about 130,000 miles.

How does that exactly prove what we use the car for? I've only had mine a year. The previous owner never used it.

Idk, I was hoping it would give more perspective into how much Americans drive verses how much Europeans drive.

My thinking is that Americans will have vehicles with more miles on them cause of the greater distances than compared to Europeans who really can't travel all that far inside their own country, which is why we have such differing opinions on what the other should drive.

EDIT: ^ I did a clutch in a 1985 Nissan 300ZX, I hate that car with a passion.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?

Check it bitch.

I actually need that... Is it pedal-powered or electric?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JamieB
We do complain about fuel prices - and rightly so.

The bit in bold... Wtf?

Either way, I drive a 2001 Citroen Xsara with 78 000 I think. About 6 - 7000 of those I've put on since October (when I bought the car).

I think he means that there is a lot of unjustified fuel use. People who decide to own huge SUVs and Trucks when they don't actually use them for anything other than commuting.
Quote by Trowzaa

It's typically battery powered, but I did a little research online and made some modifications so mine uses a small nuclear reactor with weapon-grade uranium as its primary fuel source.
Quote by Trowzaa

Had one of these. Wasn't Barbie, although it was still pretty bitchin. Everyone of my friends was jealous of it when I was a little kid. It's electric
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
03 Focus ZX3. Bought it in '07 with about 28k, now sits in driveway with a little under 80k. Plan on getting atleast another 100k out of it, I give my mountain bike more of a beating than this car has ever took
Quote by mtforever
I think he means that there is a lot of unjustified fuel use. People who decide to own huge SUVs and Trucks when they don't actually use them for anything other than commuting.

I thought that was just people who can't afford them complaining about people who drive them? Surely it's not just Europeans complaining about Americans?

Quote by SayAnything
03 Focus ZX3. Bought it in '07 with about 28k, now sits in driveway with a little under 80k. Plan on getting atleast another 100k out of it, I give my mountain bike more of a beating than this car has ever took

Drive an '01 Focus ZX3 here with about 160k on it. HAve only had the car for about a year and i love it. Zippy little son of a gun.

Quote by parigod
USA, 2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 23k miles

How old are you? You spoiled cracka! I want a ruby so bad.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Last edited by axethrower13 at Apr 2, 2011,
US, in the midwest (flyovers for you guys across the pond).
drive a 2000 toyota solara, just hit 120,000 miles, have had it since '06. I like my car, but I kind want to trade it for a sporty hatchback like those audis or subarus. AWD would be nice, I recently drove an AWD suv in icy conditions for the first time, I was surprised by how much safer I felt than in my little FWD coupe. Winter road conditions around here are pretty terrible... so it would be nice. I would still never get an SUV/truck tho, unless I had a job where I had to tow around lots of stuff.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by JamieB
I thought that was just people who can't afford them complaining about people who drive them? Surely it's not just Europeans complaining about Americans?

It has nothing to do with that. It's the attitude. It's bad for the environment and very wasteful. It's everyone's planet and I have a right to complain about people driving around trucks and SUVs with no real use for them (some people will need trucks)

If you want a nice vehicle, you can buy quite nice cars that are fuel efficient and comparatively environmentally friendly.

(I'm from Canada by the way)
'97 Ford Ranger, 176,1xx runs like a top. Had for 5 or 6 years, put the last 50k or so on it.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by mtforever
It has nothing to do with that. It's the attitude. It's bad for the environment and very wasteful. It's everyone's planet and I have a right to complain about people driving around trucks and SUVs with no real use for them (some people will need trucks)

If you want a nice vehicle, you can buy quite nice cars that are fuel efficient and comparatively environmentally friendly.

Wasteful, yes, bad for the environment, eh, not really in my opinion, the freaken pollen coming off of my trees and the fact that everything is greener than I've ever seen it and us here in Austin are in a drought right now makes me think otherwise.

Just my two cents on that issue.
1998 Cavalier (standard if it matters) its got about 270,000 kilometers on it, mostly highway i think.

Canadaaaaaaaa
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by mtforever

You know you'd buy a big pimpin' truck if you had the moneyz.

Page 1 of 2