How does this guitar play (can't get to one atm before I buy) what are your views on it etc ?
they're pretty dear in the UK. Generally an ESP eclipse is only slightly more, especially if you can get a deal on one (and it's not normally too hard to find ones on sale for ~£1200 or so).

Maybe if you're buying from thomann or something, or are getting a good deal, it might be worth it, but if not...

I know I'd just save slightly more for the genuine ESP version, if I were willing to go to that amount.

Note, I'm not saying the ec1000 is a bad guitar, it's a nice guitar, just very overpriced in the UK, IMO.

How much are you getting one for, out of interest?

EDIT: actually I just checked a few prices and it looks like you can get the 1000 for ~£800 or so while the ESPs are more like £1300-£1400. Last time I checked the 1000s were more like £900 and the ESPs were more like £1200.

Judgement call time, really.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 2, 2011,
I'm just looking around at the moment. Cheapest I've found one is on GAK for £750

And my friend owns a music shop who can get me maybe a £100 discount off
ah, check my edit

can he get you the same discount on an ESP eclipse?

I guess the thing to do is find the cheapest price you can for both (where they're still in perfect condition, there's no point in getting an extra £50 off if it's a dog, lol), and then compare those to see how much you're saving by going for the 1000.

EDIT: thomann has some of the ec1000 models for £666 (at the current exchange rate, 759 euro I think iirc), while the ESP eclipses are no cheaper than in the UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 2, 2011,
I really dont want to spend 1,400 on an eclipse if i'm honest, that's what price I got
yep, sure. I saw a couple at £1300, but admittedly that's not much less, especially if you can get the 1000 for £650 or so (thomann or with your friend's discount).

That's a bigger difference than I originally thought, so probably ignore what I said at the start
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wanted the vintage black one personally, my friend has one and he said it's the best guitar he's ever played. I just wanted more feedback on it personally
I have one and it is a solid guitar. Cleans leave a lot to be desired, but that's inherent in guitars with EMG's.
I own a lower end ESP LTD which is still my primary axe. I've played an EC1000 and it felt similar to my AX50 to play. Definitely worth it.
i got an ec-1000 in vb and its bad ass i change the emg line up tho i have the 85 in the bridge and the 60 in the neck and the cleans are fine for me
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
EC-1000's cost anywhere between 1500-2000$ in Australia
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Mine is a pretty mean guitar. I use it primarially for recording with drop-tuned bands, which I think is the real sweet spot of this guitar. Play around and find which one plays best. You can't really go wrong with one.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Dave_Mc

EDIT: actually I just checked a few prices and it looks like you can get the 1000 for ~£800 or so while the ESPs are more like £1300-£1400. Last time I checked the 1000s were more like £900 and the ESPs were more like £1200.

Judgement call time, really.

How the hell?!?! WHY SO CHEAP! Even with the exchange rate, that's awesome pricing.
A standard ESP in Aus goes for 3000+.

@ TS: The EC-1000 is a great guitar, smooth playing, sounding; all round solid guitar.
It would be among the best sub 1000 dollar guitars. IMO.

Quote by Quaned
EC-1000's cost anywhere between 1500-2000$ in Australia

Dude, ebay stores sell em for 850ish. I'm so tempted to buy one.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Apr 3, 2011,
they go for about 1/2 the price on the used market here in the US
don't know about the UK though. maybe they're harder to come by over there
Quote by captainsnazz
I own a lower end ESP LTD which is still my primary axe. I've played an EC1000 and it felt similar to my AX50 to play. Definitely worth it.

not sure if that's a ringing endorsement or not...

"£750 guitar feels similar to my beginner guitar"

Quote by Nimbus456
How the hell?!?! WHY SO CHEAP! Even with the exchange rate, that's awesome pricing.
A standard ESP in Aus goes for 3000+.

we get screwed compared to US pricing, you guys get screwed compared to us. It's not fair, but there's not much you can do about it

Quote by Andrew/WK
I wanted the vintage black one personally, my friend has one and he said it's the best guitar he's ever played. I just wanted more feedback on it personally

just bear in mind "best guitar he's ever played" isn't the same as "best guitar ever". Apart from anything else, he might like different guitars to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a LTD EC-1000 in VB. Very good guitar, plays very good, and it aint heavy, so you wont be bothered with being tired from standing up with it over a long time (atleast I dont, though this is personal I guess). The neck is quite thin, which I love. Very good guitar if you want something for Hard Rock/Metal. I can reccommend it, without a doubt, I have no regrets buying the guitar!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.