I just had the most wacky dream i've ever had in my life. I went back to my childhood as the 19 year old guy i am now, ****ed drew barrymore under a tent at vacation bible school, got a few things straight with a neighborhood bully, went to my brothers birthday party and ****ed everything up totally accidentally, leaving my entire family (who oddly happened to be there, yes every one of them) to despise me. None of them would talk to me, and I was completely excited about it...

the rest of the dream i was by myself on ventures, and i didn't want anything to do with anyone but a female partner to come with me. i felt like that's all i needed in this dream world...

and it got me thinking when i woke up, i feel that's all i need honestly. i just want to go somewhere other than where i am now, find a relationship and just build a life and be completely independent from the family who in real life actually don't like me for the same reasons in the dream. i don't know, maybe i'm thinking too much, but gosh it was ridiculous.

what do you guys think? just a dream? or could it actually have meaning to me?
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
Dreams don't necessarily tell you your subconscious, but I find they usually they show you the part of your conscious mind that you've been running from. It could be insightful towards you, or it could just be weird for the sake of being weird. Dreams are finicky things.

Also, obligatory Freud comment about everything in your dream representing penises.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Well, I once had a dream that Amy winehouse had died, but nobody seemed to care very much...

But then again I also had a dream where I shot an invincible midget in the face with a knife, so they can't all be reflective of ones feelings.
I had a dream that I broke up a human trafficking ring at a railway junction in sheffield, when I woke up i realised the railway junction I was thinking of was in fact in York and nowhere near the peak district so i went back to sleep...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last night I dreamt that my school was about to be attacked by the Taliban and me and the other senior boys were armed, uniformed and tasked with defending all the younger kids. Most of the lads said something to the effect of '**** this shit' got ready to run for it. I ordered them to stay, only for my (suddenly very evil) best mate to point a gun at my head. In the end, me and a few other guys were patrolling the school and I was saying how much I love my school and everyone in it, and how happy I was to be about to die heroicly for them.

Now... I ****ing hate my school and most of the people in it. Especially the younger kids. That's why I'm fairly certain dreams don't show what your really thinking.
You're just horny.

Really though, I've found my dreams that seem to "mean something" purely coincidental. More often than not, my dreams don't mean anything at all. They're usually just one incident in the day that I didn't pay attention to and just expanded into a whole dream. Anything that I could potentially pull meaning from just happened that way. Might be different for others.
Psychologically this resumes on you wanting to have sex with your mom... or at least that's what Freud would say about your dream...
Quote by rgrockr

Also, obligatory Freud comment about everything in your dream representing penises.

This

Also, this seems like every wow players dream, a human (male) warrior and a night (female) elf priest(ess) against the world.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
I heard that dreams are your minds way of sorting out information and solving problems. Or maybe I dreamed that.
Quote by doive
I had a dream that I broke up a human trafficking ring at a railway junction in sheffield, when I woke up i realised the railway junction I was thinking of was in fact in York and nowhere near the peak district so i went back to sleep...

You broke up my human trafficking ring?!?!?
I mean... We don't even have a railway in York...

<.<
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I don't think the research suggests that it does. However, that's less interesting to believe to the average person so most people would probably be all over Freud's dick.
I had an interesting dream, that I was friends with Jimmy Fallon, and I went to visit him in New York. I ended up going to lunch with him and Questlove, going to a weird cottage of his on the side of frozen falls, appearing on his show, and just hanging out.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Most of your dreams are connected to something you did the day before.
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
a few nights ago, i had a dream in which i was getting chased down by people with guns, and i was wounded (where, or how, i don't know.) i reached a dead end, and then i put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger. what's that mean?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by rgrockr
Dreams don't necessarily tell you your subconscious, but I find they usually they show you the part of your conscious mind that you've been running from. It could be insightful towards you, or it could just be weird for the sake of being weird. Dreams are finicky things.

This, while you're sleeping, your frontal lobe or 'logic center' per say isn't active, allowing thoughts, memories, etc. to flow without inhibition. If there's something that you haven't been entire open with yourself consciously to, then dreams may bring it out, in whatever shape or form.

That being said, the theory is that the brain goes over memories of what happened the previous day and 'organizes' them, so dreams can very well just be a bunch of random crap from your past.
Quote by SlayingDragons
This, while you're sleeping, your frontal lobe or 'logic center' per say isn't active, allowing thoughts, memories, etc. to flow without inhibition. If there's something that you haven't been entire open with yourself consciously to, then dreams may bring it out, in whatever shape or form.

That being said, the theory is that the brain goes over memories of what happened the previous day and 'organizes' them, so dreams can very well just be a bunch of random crap from your past.

There are also a number of theories that say dreaming is an adaptation that allows our brain to prepare for possible events in the future, practicing our basic, "Fight or Flight" responses to different stimuli and that kind of thing... It's just another theory though
Quote by SlayingDragons

That makes total sense because in the dream, i felt extremely nostalgic and i was in places that i have only been when i was a child. except i was there in my 19 year old body, rather than my 11 or 12 year old body. It was pretty awesome. The reason i posted this was because someone know said dreams are the window to enlightenment. needed some closure
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
Quote by sloppyjoe24
....it's usually a combination of bullshit and your actual feelings. I've found this out.

About a 90/10 split, bullshit to feelings though

OT: You have many, many repressed urges.
All of the dreams I seem to remember don't have a lot of connection to memories, more to what I want the future to hold (or don't want to hold, sometimes it all fucks up) but either way, it's about the future not the past. Dunno what that means.
I've had many dreams where I'm trying to drive a car from the back seat with the front seat in the way. Supposedly it means I am having trouble making decisions in life and that description is correct.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Apr 2, 2011,