I used to play guitar left handed for a year and a half then when I wanted to upgrade to a new guitar I got turned off by the choices for a lefty and eventually stopped playing. A few months ago I picked it back up but right handed this time and I'm having a problem getting a distorted sound that I like. Right now I just have the guitar and amp that came in the "Rogue Rocketeer" package and a Digitech RP55 that someone gave me. I'm poor and currently saving every cent I get for the summer so I can't buy anything new.
There's only so much you can do with a starter amp like that to be honest. Bad tone is pretty much their trademark. However, cutting the treble and boosting the mids generally leads to a more favorable distortion sound. I'd probably use the Digitech's amp modeling instead as well.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
If you really want to get a good tone, you're going to need to get a good amp, and that requires shelling out some money, otherwise you are restricted with what you have
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
I know, it blows but I'm stuck with it. I do have $500-700 to spend on a graduation present but I am torn between several choices, one being a guitar and amp I really liked at my local shop and another--being the more responsible choice since I am going into the automotive field--being more necessary tools.
EQ pedals fix EVERYTHING!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.