so my band has a show comming up, and unike previous shows, theres gonna be a lot of people there, i have a crate flexwave fw120 with an external speaker output, does it matter how many ohms the cabinet is? the manual of the amp says it can be put out to a speaker cab, but it says nothing as to how many ohms the cab has to be.

this is kinda urgent, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
check how many ohms the speaker(s) in the combo itself is

it definitely matters... i wouldnt risk blowing my amp just for 1 show
it usually says that next/near to the speaker output

if theres nothing there i dont know what to tell you
btw ss amps arent as sensitive to ohmage as tube amps but i would try it out before the show
extension cabinet = not a replacement for a PA system in the slightest...

I dont think SS amps are too concerned with impedance mismatch tbh as long as the impedance is higher than the reccomended, it will cause you loose output power though.
Year more speakers does not equal more volume. You will be fine. If you are worried about appearances put it on top of a cab but don't plug it in. Won't make a difference. Sound is what is most important.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Year more speakers does not equal more volume. You will be fine. If you are worried about appearances put it on top of a cab but don't plug it in. Won't make a difference. Sound is what is most important.

i dont think a combo amp with 2 12" speakers will be loud enough to fill a room of 200 people. will it?
It might be enough volume. Or just mic it up.

Why do you guys think that more speakers won't equal more volume? It does.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
It might be enough volume. Or just mic it up.

Why do you guys think that more speakers won't equal more volume? It does - everything else being the same.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
*face palm*
When you mic it to the PA, the sound will be amplified by the PA, therefore making you louder.
Theoretically, I could take a 1 watt amp, mic it to the PA, and be loud enough to play a stadium.

More speakers doesnt mean more volume, but can mean more equal sound if positioned correctly.
Quote by moses132049
they wont let my mic my amp into the PA system. they gave me some bullshit reason and said they couldnt do it. trust me, if i could plug it to the PA i wouldnnt be asking

??? they want you to play a show but they won't let you use their PA system
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
It's a 120W 2x12 amp. I highly doubt that it won't be loud enough.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Though you could use another cab and put it on the other side of the stage to spread the sound more.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Stryker636
*face palm*
When you mic it to the PA, the sound will be amplified by the PA, therefore making you louder.
Theoretically, I could take a 1 watt amp, mic it to the PA, and be loud enough to play a stadium.

More speakers doesnt mean more volume, but can mean more equal sound if positioned correctly.

This.

More speakers will spread your sound out as opposed to giving you more volume. It can give you a better balanced sound, but it definitely won't give you the extra volume you want.
i dont think any of you are reading what i said, the place is huge, and they suck and do not let me mic my amp, they only use the PA system for the vocals and drum set. even if the 2X12 amp is loud enough, it simply doesnt look cool enough . but anyways, for everyone who want to know as well, i emailed crate and this is what they said:

According to the manual if you use the Ext Speaker connection for another cabinet, it will be run in series with the internal speaker and the internal speaker will remain active. Since this is the case, you can use almost any impedance to run with the FW120, since the series connection will be increasing the impedance, rather than decreasing the impedance like a parallel connection would. Keep in mind that the extension cabinet will have to share the available wattage with the internal speakers. Also, the lower impedance that the FW120 sees, you will have more available wattage. As the impedance the amp sees goes up, your available wattage will decrease.