At practice today my other guitarist said his amp sounded really quiet and mine was overpowering his, and these were the same volume settings we always played at. We couldn't figure it out so I told him to just turn up. So we started playing and mid song we both realized he was massively overpowering me and my amp was unusually quiet. There are definite volume fluctuations out of no where with our amps. The only possible solution we could think of is that we were both plugged in to the same power strip and maybe it doesn't have enough power for both of them. (I think the PA might have been plugged i'n to it as well) But this has never happened before and we've always plugged into the same strip. I find it highly unlikely that both of our amps are suddenly having the same problem. Do you guys think it's the power strip? Any other possibilities?
I hate my sig
Yeah, sounds like your line has power fluctuations. I always try to give each amp it's own outlet because they draw so much power; I still sometimes get that situation that happened to you though (unless the bass player really was turning up..)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Another possibility...

Tube amps? Volume fluctuations usually mean power amp tubes are going bad. However, before you replace tubes, as suggested in the second response, place each amp on its own outlet. You may be experiencing voltage sag.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Another possibility...

Tube amps? Volume fluctuations usually mean power amp tubes are going bad. However, before you replace tubes, as suggested in the second response, place each amp on its own outlet. You may be experiencing voltage sag.

Yeah I though about that, but I doubt that would happen to both amps at the same time. It's possible though. But it seemed like the amps would "see saw". Like, one would get really quiet and the other on would get loud and vice versa. I guess it's probably the power strip. But our practice space doesn't have a lot of available outlets. Isn't there a certain kind of power strip that can handle all of this without the power fluctuations?
I hate my sig