Hey guys, heres a little info on the track.

Everything was direct using mostly free software, i usually use my 5150II for my tonez, but i didn't want to have to move my whole rig.

The bass does kinda suck because I suck at it, but I'm just curious what you guys think in terms of mixing/writing.

So take it as a demo/mix test.

Oh, also the drums were done in hydrogen because I'm too cheap for an actual VST that has velocity hits and such to choose from.

Enough of my txt, please comment and ill crit you too!

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dakota-roberts/thor-is-here
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Cool song, mixing is pretty bad and the drums do have a tendency to sound 'out' at times but otherwise pretty good!

There was a good amount of contrast so there wasn't really much I got bored of in the song but I feel like you could add more ornamentation or fills on the instruments for some musical variety. I felt around especially 2:10 you could have done that, it's just begging for a melody or something new to help drive the music forward.

I did feel like you repeated the main riff a couple too many times though.

There isn't really a climax in the piece which was a big let down for me, you set yourself up really well in many parts to move to more tense parts but it was like 'cool riff' then another cool riff and then another cool riff. You have heaps of great ideas but I don't feel like you explore them as thoroughly as you could have!

Ignoring the mixing and such, I enjoyed the writing!

Critique mine please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428070
the writing is good, i like the riffs, just can't wait till you get some better recording equipment then you'll be bangin.

it seemed like your playing was sloppy in the beginning but got tighter throughout the rest of the song. sweet song overall can't wait to hear more from you!
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
Quote by XianXiuHong

There isn't really a climax in the piece which was a big let down for me, you set yourself up really well in many parts to move to more tense parts but it was like 'cool riff' then another cool riff and then another cool riff. You have heaps of great ideas but I don't feel like you explore them as thoroughly as you could have!

i really agree with this comment. there were definitely some cool riffs (the two at and sometime after 3:20 were my favorite), but you should do more to build off of them. and even if you were just going for a more chill kind of vibe in which there is no definite climax (which was what i started to think you were going for after a while), you should still make the riffs work together more, add new voices, etc.

soundwise: guitar can use more gain! or use a sustain effect or something. it sounded weak.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i really liked this peice. my favorite part was the clean part around 1 minute in. it all sounded good to me. i think it would sound amazing once you get better equipment
Oh hey, I didn't see you there
I think the song overall is good, the only two negative things I have to say is that the drums seem out of time a little to often and the bass is a little to high in the mix. Now to the positive stuff, your riffs are great and I also liked the clean part as a previous poster pointed out. the lead at 2:22 is also great.

Would love if you keep me posted when releasing new stuff.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429093
DakoRob,
This reminds me vaguely of Rush (one of my favorites). The riffs are good, occasionally the guitar playing could be tighter (better timing-wise). If it were me, I would turn up the electric bass. Wouldn't hurt to have some singing. I thought the drums were pretty good. It's a good song. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426734
Quote by jfloyd1879
Starcraft reference? If so, well done!

Finally someone noticed

Thanks for the advice guys, its been taken to heart.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?