Hey fullars, I bought my Marshall JCM900 SLX last year off my friend and I thought it was time to replace the valves in it.

... Now I don't intend on putting said valves in so I need not worry about that, however I don't know what valves to buy.

This is where you guys ask me what style I like (anything from prog to bluesy shred to funkay) and budget ($200-400 NZD) etc.

But yeah if someone could be a Gem(ini) and help me out that would be cool.
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
You are talking about the output valves, yes? If so, JJ or SED =C= are the best really but on those Marshalls, Shuguang EL34's actually sound quite good and will save you a few dollars.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You are talking about the output valves, yes? If so, JJ or SED =C= are the best really but on those Marshalls, Shuguang EL34's actually sound quite good and will save you a few dollars.

Yeah I'm looking at replacing all of the valves in it, it's seen alot in its time and its even survived a house crumbling around it so it could do with a upgrade.

I'm new to tubes so I'm not sure whats what yet but I'll definately look into those Shuguangs.
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
=C=
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.