'Sup, GG&A

So, here's the deal: Someone is willing to sell his ENGL e530 preamp on a finnish musician's site for 380€. The price for a new one on thomann is 479€, so it's a pretty good deal... right? He's saying that the reason for selling is that he was supposed to gather a whole big rackmonunted rig, but in the end gave it up. Supposed to be in near mint shape, too.

I'm planning to use the preamp with the power amp and speakers of my Bugera 6262-212. Is there any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea?

I do like the Bugera's tone, it's just that I'm kind of wanting something new for a change. I listened to a lot of different clips of the e530 on the web, and I like the tone I'm hearing. Generally speaking, I'm a big fan of the ENGL tone. If I get this and like it, might be I'll be getting a whole rack rig, in time.

So is this a good idea? ATM my finances are in a state that I can well afford to buy new toys, so I'd rather buy them now than later, when money will be tight.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I can't see why that wouldn't be a good idea. I'm guessing if you like the ENGL tone you play metal, meaning a great deal of your tone is pre-amp based anyway.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I too am starting to build a rack rig. and i chose the e530 for same reason as you just stated "I'm a big fan of the ENGL tone". It also meant i didnt have to worry about getting a poweramp right away, the inbuilt one is relativly usable even through a 412 and the e530 works great with impulses.

I'd say if its in good nick get it :-)
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Thanks for the replies, you guys. My mind is pretty much already set, I just set this thread in case someone could point out something I hadn't thought of. Also, another reason, I guess, might be my choice of power amp, as I'm not sure at all how much it impacts the tone, but I guess if I think it's fine with the 6262 preamp, then it's fine.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
with engls, most of the tone comes from the pre-amp (hence why the engl amps generally sound good at low volumes) so you dont really need to look for a poweramp that colours the tone a load.

tbh i'm probally going to be getting the engl 2x50watt one when i can get the funds together.
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Honestly, to my ear, most ENGL amps just sound so damn good I can't really comprehend why won't all metal players use them. The ENGL tone is just... it's THE tone.

Has anyone got any other rack gear recommendations? I'll probably want an EQ, a rack tuner, a multi-fx unit (or at least a delay unit, as that's what I mainly use), and a noise gate. So far I don't have any particular brands or models in mind, except for a noise gate I've been thinking of a Rocktron Hush. Any suggestions, anyone?
Gear:

Ashton AG200,
i use a TC electronic's G major2 FX unit. it has a tuner and noise gate built in too. might be worth looking into.
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Quote by ibanez_keag
i use a TC electronic's G major2 FX unit. it has a tuner and noise gate built in too. might be worth looking into.

I've heard good things about TC Electronic, and as I understand, the G-major is pretty popular amongst rack-using players. A good price, too, considering I'd only need an EQ in addition to this.

How is the tuner on this thing? I used to think, "A tuner is a tuner - how much difference can there be?", but after using the tuner on my Boss Me-20 for way too many years, I've come to the conclusion that some tuners are just BAD.

How about the delays? Are there many of them? Do they sound good? I generally prefer a digital delay sound over an analogue one, and I think this one's probably got a good digital type delay in it, am I right?
Gear:

Ashton AG200,
ive only had the unit for 2 weeks so i cant comment on evrything yet. the tuner is pretty sensitive and seems to work quite well and you can tweek and maniplulate the delays with relative ease. the dual digital delay is my favourite so far as it sounds greatwith most applications, the reverse delay sounds very odd, the dynamic one is quite good too. cant comment on the ping pong as i'm not running stereo atm. In general delays are good.

it does have 3 EQs built in but i havnt needed to use them yet so cant comment on that.
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Quote by ibanez_keag
ive only had the unit for 2 weeks so i cant comment on evrything yet. the tuner is pretty sensitive and seems to work quite well and you can tweek and maniplulate the delays with relative ease. the dual digital delay is my favourite so far as it sounds greatwith most applications, the reverse delay sounds very odd, the dynamic one is quite good too. cant comment on the ping pong as i'm not running stereo atm. In general delays are good.

it does have 3 EQs built in but i havnt needed to use them yet so cant comment on that.

Awesome, man, thanks for the help.

One last thing, do you know anything about how to go about switching with these rack setups? Will I need a midi controller, or what? I've got absolutely NO idea '._.
Gear:

Ashton AG200,