so it seems that these guitars are not even close to as good or worth what we pay and sell them for. a genius among us has recently informed me that not only is my asking price for my black ec-1000 deluxe way too high, i also "overbought," which i can't figure out if i overbought for my playing skills, or he means i overpaid. either way i'm glad i got this wake up call.

here is the email i received last night after posting my ec on craigslist

"got 175 cash for the esp, your asking price is out of line for a Korean guitar
the resale value on those guitars drop very fast
and the guitar got to be mint
just offering, if i was to sell it again i am looking to double my buying price
your guitar brand is effy USED - korean and all that

150 cash is my offer, take it or leave it, it is not from japan"

and the next email

"you also over bought"

so just a heads up for you guys
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Blank him, seems like a dickhead. The only guitars out of japan at the moment are high end. EC-1000 are high end korean that use better woods, better pickups and have a higher quality control. I mean add the components up alone, ervana nut, locking tuners, emg's thats well over £300 already.
...wow. XD I was selling my BC Rich last summer, $150 witha gig bag and a cord, some guy emails me asking me for the serial number(which was 4095, it doesn't seem to match up with the time period it was apparently from, the late 80s, but it was genuine) and asked if it was neck thru, which it was not. The next day I get a paragraph on how I'm a scammer. o_o
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
i like the part where he offers $175 at the beginning and then $150 at the end after his very coherent explanation

any why do people of craigslist always have to put in the word "cash." of course it's going to be cash. i don't have a portable credit card machine and if you can write a check, which i would never take, you can just as easily go get the money out of an atm. people seem to throw that word around like they are buying a car which doesn't even work anymore
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Apr 3, 2011,
I think he's jealous cause he can never afford to buy a second hand one let alone a brand new one. XD
So wait, the big news is that we pay too much for some guitars?

Gosh, I never would've known that TS
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
That guy is full of crap. There's no way he'd get as little as 175 for an ESP version. Also, if he sold a real ESP why is he after the LTD all of the sudden. He's just trying to make you lose your spirit and buckle to his unreasonable claims.

But anyways, there's no way you can get anything more than 12 bucks for it because of all that bullshit he just said, but I'll double that and take it off your hands for 24, because I'm such a great, self-sacrificing dude.
I might take you up on that
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
thats the dumbest thing ever. the market sets the price, not you.

i would love to buy something for whatever i told the seller it was worth.
lmao hes trying to mind **** you. just a cheap bastard thats never played one.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Slicer666
So wait, the big news is that we pay too much for some guitars?

Gosh, I never would've known that TS

sarcasm seems to have not made it to the Netherlands yet...but don't worry, its coming
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
sarcasm seems to have not made it to the Netherlands yet...but don't worry, its coming

It passed over with the radiation t'wards glasgow, wait a few weeks and it'll be back again
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Troll him! Say that he's right and you just sold the guitar to local buyer for the less because he could pick it up. BUT, if he's willing to pay an extra 50 buck you will try to recall that guitar and sell him that instead. Just to keep the troll alive, you know See how that idiot will answer.

Of course when you at the payment step just go off grid and block his mail.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I love that he tells you he is offering you $175 because he wants to be able to sell it for double that when the times to get rid of it.
They're nothing but lowballers. They're not worth talking to. I get a lot of that, I just ignore 'em.

Piss on 'em.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Rofl!!!!
What a douche.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by gregs1020
$180.

final offer.

ill sell you the strings off it for that...deal?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Heh.

So what do you think of the guitar? I have nothing against MIKs because I know they can make good guitars. Do you see some quality there? Play well?

I had an LTD viper (SG) model 100. The neck and the fretwork was quite good and the pups were ok. The paint job was pretty poor though, it was black. After I did a setup it played good but tonally, wasn't very good because of cheap wood.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
Heh.

So what do you think of the guitar? I have nothing against MIKs because I know they can make good guitars. Do you see some quality there? Play well?

I had an LTD viper (SG) model 100. The neck and the fretwork was quite good and the pups were ok. The paint job was pretty poor though, it was black. After I did a setup it played good but tonally, wasn't very good because of cheap wood.

well...as an owner of both a mij esp eclipse and a mik ec1000 i can say that there are definite differences...now whether or not this makes up for the $800 price difference is up to the player

i love love love my ec-1000, well once i changed the pickups to blackouts. all until i bought the eclipse and now im in love with that...but ill be honest..i got my eclipse for $800 so if i had to pay full price, i wouldn't over the ec-1000...its built very well, it plays just fine, and sounds awesome, once again when i switched to blackouts.
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by ikey_
i would love to buy something for whatever i told the seller it was worth.

that makes two of us.