Nuclear Power or Oil?
Natural disaster or man-made?

Which, in your opinion, was worse in reference to why it happened and the aftermath.

EDIT: Sorry, I wasn't being specific enough. For example, as a result of mass protests, Ireland has no Nuclear Power plant. At present, our economy is ****ed and we're buying in nearly all of our power. One reactor would almost suffice but it frightens people. However, people question why we don't harvest the small wells of oil and gas off our west coast even though it would cost more to get it than it's worth.

Also, as mention below, Fukushima would have been perfectly fine bar the tsunami and earthquake, ie. natural disaster. The BP Oil disaster, however, was unnatural.

Discuss.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Apr 3, 2011,
Well, you can't really shelter yourself against earthquakes and tsunamis beyond a certain limit.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Well, you can't really shelter yourself against earthquakes and tsunamis beyond a certain limit.

For reals!! The plants would have been fine if the Tsunami hadn't knocked out all the backup power and water supply.

Also, neither are really over yet so I don't think we can talk about aftermath.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Its So Easy
For reals!! The plants would have been fine if the Tsunami hadn't knocked out all the backup power and water supply.

Also, neither are really over yet so I don't think we can talk about aftermath.

But, it is our own fault that the nuclear plants were built there... So Japan wouldn't have been in so deep if plants weren't built there, they'd "just" have earthquake damage.
Just to put things in perspective a bit.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by poipoi
But, it is our own fault that the nuclear plants were built there... So Japan wouldn't have been in so deep if plants weren't built there, they'd "just" have earthquake damage.
Just to put things in perspective a bit.

They were built near the coast just because of the safety precautions. To be able to use the sea water as a precaution if a malfunction occured. To be able to cool it down.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
This is nothing more than a good illustration of how shit breaks when the ground under it shakes like a Parkinson's patient on a riding mower before 3 stories of water hit it.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

indeed and...

ireland isn't exactly uber-earthquake prone like Japan so the risk isn't excessive. I mean nuclear energy is incredibly convenient and the chance of an event such as Japan's recent crisis is extremely small. It's like not going for a walk because you think a car is definitely going to hit you.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Rules

No 'versus' threads
- This means no threads like 'Which is worse: Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco' and 'Peanut butter or Jam?'. These threads nearly always incite really pointless arguments that we don't want in the Pit.
Punishment: The thread will be closed.

Hate to be "that guy" but this is smelling like a versus thread from the OP
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠