Page 1 of 2
EDIT: The soundtrack will be a the (fake) soundtrack to Gears of War 3. I want anything from sadness, surprise/shock, horror, motivation (like for e.g. going to war and kicking some Locust ass) and in-the-moment-action. There are also 4 special categories, which can only be done once... so if you want to pick one of these special themes for your song also, let me know. If you're doing a regular (sadness, etc. as stated above), then you don't need to tell me.

The special categories are: Carmine dies. Baird dies, the Gears hijack a Locust-controlled train and the Locust Queen is finally killed by the Gears.

I want a soundtrack that adds up 30 themes. They can be anywhere between 30 seconds and 4 minutes long (just look at soundtracks to games, you will understand).

To make this simple I want 30 people to contribute (I won't be doing one myself, however), and the first 30 people that sign up get to do this. Now I am going out in a minute for a short while, so don't worry if you don't get a slot. If you know you want to do this and have a slot (just check through the posts), you don't have to worry.

I just ask that everybody has to make sure they want to do this before they let me know.

I also ask for everybody that is contributing to make sure that they are 100% happy with their work before uploading it. I will give you a few days, weeks whatever... just so long as it's not too long away.

Also, do you want to work on a long theme or a short one? state that also.

Contributers for short songs (0:20 - 1:30)

1. Vitor_vdp - completed, will check this later with Simsimius (Wednesday 06th)
2. Primus2112 - completed
3. Demon_Wolf - completed
4. SquierLolz
5. Simsimius - completed? will check this later with Vitor_vdp's (Wednesday 06th)

Contributers for medium-length songs (1:30 - 3:00)

6. benonbass1
7. EEE_ELLL_OHH
8. creeping.death!
9. boreamor
10. CoreysMonster - completed? need to check other track soon
11. madbasslover
12. SmElLy_KiD
13. ilovepepsi - completed
14. Gargantuan - checking his track later
15. Fettot

Contributers for long songs (3:00+. But keep it reasonable)

24. TheReverend274
This will start a RIOT! in me
Last edited by Paramore. at Apr 6, 2011,
OH GOD I'M SO IN

short
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Count me in, bro. I'll do a 2-3 minute track.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
By the way, you are eliminating the possibility of any track between 1 and 2 minutes long, which seems a bit wrong.

Maybe short tracks should be 0:20 - 1:30
Medium 1:30 - 3:00
Long - anything longer than 3 minutes, which is a reasonably long track for a video game soundtrack
I'll do a short, intro screen main theme thingy. About 1.30 or so. Kthx
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Updated the list guys.

Quote by Vitor_vdp
By the way, you are eliminating the possibility of any track between 1 and 2 minutes long, which seems a bit wrong.

Maybe short tracks should be 0:20 - 1:30
Medium 1:30 - 3:00
Long - anything longer than 3 minutes, which is a reasonably long track for a video game soundtrack

fixed.

Also, whoever wants to do one of the 3 special themes, let me know asap.
hey, I still have my boss battle song from that older thread about making a video game soundtrack that never got made, can I submit it? It's 1:41 long.

here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782733/boss%20battle.mp3

EDIT: if you're going for a more orchestral/epic route (I have no idea, I've never played Gears of War), here's another clip that might work:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782733/Marginally%20Aware.mp3
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
hey, I still have my boss battle song from that older thread about making a video game soundtrack that never got made, can I submit it? It's 1:41 long.

here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782733/boss%20battle.mp3

EDIT: if you're going for a more orchestral/epic route (I have no idea, I've never played Gears of War), here's another clip that might work:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782733/Marginally%20Aware.mp3

Sounds more like a Doom soundtrack song, but sure thing . I'll put you down on the list as "completed"

EDIT to above: am doing
In a massive rush of inspiration... I am almost done with my theme. It sounds very much like the ending theme to something.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
In for short if it's still free

other wise medium is fine.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I'm down. It'll be medium length, unless it turns out well and ends up longer.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
I'd definitely be up for creating a short track.
Maybe medium though as there's every chance it could go over 1:30.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The piano is a program called TruePianos. Strings, though I used them sparsely on that track, are Session Strings, and the ambient synth sounds come from a program called MikroPrism. It's a free download from Native Instruments website.

Glad you liked it
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I will sign up if we can make a UG game. It can be a flash game for all I care, but if we're making a soundtrack, I want us to make a game for it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
I will sign up if we can make a UG game. It can be a flash game for all I care, but if we're making a soundtrack, I want us to make a game for it.

Maybe Game Maker?
I mean, that's powerful enough, but also simple enough for a group project.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by necrosis1193

Do you know what's funny? when I was making this thread this afternoon, I was going to actually make this thread as the "let's make a game! (kinda)" thread... but it was too difficult to list things. But, we can see to that later on... let's get the soundtrack sorted first

Guys, the list will all be updated accordingly in about 5 minutes. Bear with me

Quote by boreamor
Can we get a limit to what style we can do? Can we do a metal track with orchestral themes, etc?

How do you mean?

Quote by ilovepepsi
if this is suitable, then stick this in:

http://soundcloud.com/notourday/magikarp

For some reason, the page just not load... can you upload it to your profile? also, I won't add you to the list yet, because I don't know any details about this song you did

Quote by Tanglewoodguit
In for a gentle acoustic piece. Maybe for one of the deaths?

Or a sombre string quartet. Argh I can't decide.

You in then?

Quote by Simsimius
Here's something.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Simsimius/music/play976952

Sorry for lack of melody or top VSTs.

I'm assuming it's Farewell? if so, it's cool
Last edited by Paramore. at Apr 3, 2011,
the song is on my profile lol, its...fast? and heavy? and has melodic parts, its 1.59, the heavy parts have an eerie lead guitar going on aswell, I dunno if its suitable for this? it could be, thought id just throw this in here
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by ilovepepsi
the song is on my profile lol, its...fast? and heavy? and has melodic parts, its 1.59, the heavy parts have an eerie lead guitar going on aswell, I dunno if its suitable for this? it could be, thought id just throw this in here

Magikarp, right?

I'm putting you down as finished, it fits well for Gears
yeah Magikarp, thanks
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by boreamor
Like, GoW had mostly orchestral music, but I imagine if we did a metal Final Fantasy-esque sorta thing, it would work.

I get you now. Well, it can include the odd metal, but I would like the majority of it to be orchestral and sad acousticy ones for like background themes and that.

Basically, I want to create a Gears of War 3 soundtrack, imagining it will actually be used by Epic Games when the game is released .
EEE_ELLL_OHHH, will check that a little later on .

Tanglewoodguit - Make sure it's not left too late, or else you may miss out. Think of it as an eBay auction of sorts
Damn. I thought we would be doing 8-bit retro stuff not something X-ray Dog or ES Posthumus Scratch my name off the list.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
Damn. I thought we would be doing 8-bit retro stuff not something X-ray Dog or ES Posthumus Scratch my name off the list.

I have another idea for the future, though look out for it . Also, sure thing
Quote by Paramore.
Do you know what's funny? when I was making this thread this afternoon, I was going to actually make this thread as the "let's make a game! (kinda)" thread... but it was too difficult to list things. But, we can see to that later on... let's get the soundtrack sorted first

Fair enough. What about getting someone with RPG Maker to just whip up a quick RPG though? If they focus on that instead of the soundtrack, they should have it done by the time everyone finished their tracks.

Also I call the battle music.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Page 1 of 2