hey guys, I'm looking into building my own pedals and stuff now, so i'm wondering if you can help me.

i would love to build either a 10-Band EQ or a Noise Gate, but I'm guessing they'd be quite hard to do for a first time build, so is there anything you recommend i should do for my first build that isn't an OD of some sort?

also, please can you provide a website that's UK based or ships to the UK that sells pedal kits (i.e the ones where you just assemble all the components, not ones where you have to make the PCB and stuff yourself)

thanks
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Check out general guitar gadgets or DIYstompboxes. Both sell kits and both ship to the UK. Guitar gadgets has a schematic for a 6 band EQ that doesn't look too hard. Most are fairly simple, you could try a phaser or chorus pedal if you're sick of distortion pedals.
If you want a really easy first build that isn't a dirt pedal, try the dod440 filter clone or the ea tremolo kits from those sites already mentioned above.

Both are really simple, lower part count circuits that are slightly off the beaten path.

If you just don't want overdrive, but don't mind heavier dirt, then an mxr distortion is a reaaaaly easy distortion circuit, and a muff clone is pretty darn easy with just a slightly higher part count. The muff kit is on sale on generalguitargadgets right now if they do UK shipping as matt154 said.
the other thing i was looking at was a volume pedal of some sort, so i can have something to boost the volume during solos, but then i found this: http://diypedalkits.com/?p=116

i've watched the clips of it on youtube, and it seems like it does what i'm after, but also it tightens up the sound a bit, which has got to be a good thing.
what do you guys think?
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I like how it says it's the easiest to build yet has a difficulty rating of 3 out of 10. Anyway, it looks like a good build to start out. I just did an A/B/Y box on the weekend out of some leftover parts and it was crazy easy and an A/B box is even easier so there's plenty of really easy stuff to start out. Go for it.