Hey guys,

today I started to record my first instrumental Song. I'm pretty new to guitar and writing melodies, so would like to ask what you think about it and what I could do better or what's good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZMzSS5lT8A

I recorded every Guitar with Guitar Rig, Drums where made by a Drum-computer called Hydrogen.
The only thing I'd say is that there really aren't any melodies, it's all arpeggios and stuff. Maybe add a lead track on top of that with some nice motifs and hooks.

Reminds me a lot of Buckethead, I dig the sound.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Thanks food1010,

I'll remember that for the next time. I'll try to make a lead track that fits to it.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. I suck at music theorie, so could you guys help me getting started, how I should start to find the right leads?
Last edited by Strik3r12 at Apr 3, 2011,
It wasn't bad. You kept it simple, which is good. But you can definitely tell that you're a beginner. The rythym was off and your tone isn't very good. You just didn't seem that confident.
Quote by exos308
It wasn't bad. You kept it simple, which is good. But you can definitely tell that you're a beginner. The rythym was off and your tone isn't very good. You just didn't seem that confident.
I liked the tone. It was fat and crunchy.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Yeah, but I know what he meant.

After the break, where the heavy distorted guitar plays, the last 3 Notes sound wierd. That was a grunge tone, it won't do much in single Notes. Maybe I should have played that in powerchords.
Thanks Sean,

I'll keep on learning, the next thing I should do is learn something about Scales and the other stuff.

I usually play Metal, Deathmetal so that's my first work of something "normal".
Quote by Strik3r12
So, I tried to make some leads for another Song with my Band. What do you think? (The Intro Riff)

(It's a Guitar-Pro File, we're not finished with recording jet.)
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3354539/Epic-nerds---Oxitoxin.gp5.html

liked it but it get repedative after a while, try to change more notes. and the end harmonizing part, maybe try not to use the octave but another interval maybe minor and mayor thirds