Page 1 of 4
Is anyone else dreading this obligatory social event? I know you don't have to go but when everyone you know is going you definably feel left out. inb4 dontbeaconformist. My plan was not go at all this year. Turns out I'm going to two. One of the proms is at another school. A friend got dumped by her bf and has no one to go with. So I get to spend five hours with complete strangers and don't even mention the dancing. Social anxiety doesn't help either. I figure I'll go just because its better than staying at home looking at pointless threads in the Pit. Gotta take risk sometimes I suppose...

What do you all think about Prom?
Quote by MrOrang3
Is anyone else dreading this obligatory social event? I know you don't have to go but when everyone you know is going you definably feel left out. inb4 dontbeaconformist. My plan was not go at all this year. Turns out I'm going to two. One of the proms is at another school. A friend got dumped by her bf and has no one to go with. So I get to spend five hours with complete strangers and don't even mention the dancing. Social anxiety doesn't help either. I figure I'll go just because its better than staying at home looking at pointless threads in the Pit. Gotta take risk sometimes I suppose...

What do you all think about Prom?

Dude, who gives a f*ck? Just have fun
**** that noise, chilling with friends, gettin' blazed, rockin' tunes, playing guitar, and watching movies.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I'm a senior and am going to prom. I didn't go to any high school dances because they didn't appeal to me. But prom is a special one and I want to go to it.

Now I just have to ask that girl...
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by madbasslover
I remember when I was in high school. Oh, to be young again...

I didn't go to any dances or proms because eff that noise. I turned out just fine without them.

TS, GO TO PROM! GO TO FORMALS! GO TO WHATEVER YOU CAN! NOW!
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
Mine's in May but I'm not going. For religious and moral reasons of course.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
There really nothing is like a Prom were you just have fun! I don't know if it's different for you, but I live in Ireland and we had two amazing ones, as long as you're willing to talk to people and have fun you should!
www.myspace.com/theoncefuturekings

Let me know what ya think!

MUFC

And it'll haunt you, my honey bee,
anyone who's anyone has had that same dream,
where you're falling, or where you're flying,
or were you calling out, or were you dying?
Quote by padgea7x
Mine's in May but I'm not going. For religious and moral reasons of course.

Religious grounds? I can understand moral as you could have some sort of opposition to all the jocks glorifying themselves etc, but religious?
I can understand the other school's prom, and how you don't want to go to that, but come on man. Your own school's prom is a lot of fun.

Take it from me. I never want to go to any school dances simply because I don't/can't dance, but when a few hours passes, you let loose so much easier. Just have fun man. Even if you don't do that much dancing. You can only get it in high school. And as over rated at high school has been put out to be, take advantage of every moment.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by nargoth
Religious grounds? I can understand moral as you could have some sort of opposition to all the jocks glorifying themselves etc, but religious?

There are no jocks in England. And my religious reason is that God didn't get an invite.

probably not going to mine. i went to homecoming my freshman year and it was a load of crap. i mean ****ing around with one of my friends was fun but i could have done that outside of homecoming. not to mention my date was probably pissed because i ignored her for half of it and only danced with her once, but we were just friends anyway.

waste of 20$ if you ask me. (our school forces you to buy the tee shirt...)
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
so i'm guessing you lot are mostly american. at your proms, do you all have to find a date to go? so if you dont have one you cant get in or something, or do you just look like a tosser?

we have a prom in my school this year, but nobody gives two shits about it, just looking forward to the afterparty

*Insert hilarious quote here.*
Quote by padgea7x
There are no jocks in England. And my religious reason is that God didn't get an invite.

God doesn't need one, hes omnipresent =P

And if there be no jocks in England, its those spoiled self glorifying upper middle class dickhead kids (ex chav now indie ones). I went to a grammar school (free one though). It was infested with them. Ugh.
my prom was friday, i didnt go mainly because none of my friends went and i didnt have a date to go with. its not that bad not going as long as you do something that night and dont just sit at home thinking about how everyone else is having fun and getting laid and your at home bored and alone
I am visually impaired and have albinism:
- Flashing lights that annoys my eyes.
- Generally dark and lots of people.
- Noise, so I can't hear those I know.

Yeah, I hate dances because of this.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
In my experience, prom has it's good points and bad points.

Standing outside smoking joints and cigars, wearing a suit, riding a limo - good.

Being rejected by the quite simply amazing girl you brought (because she'd rather be friends) and becoming a vodka zombie for the rest of the night - bad.
i really didn't wanna go to my prom, but all my friends convinced me. i didn't take a date because that would make me responsible for keeping her dancing and happy all throughout, and that just ain't me. but, i did dance for a bit, with some of my best (girl) friends who wanted a dance with me. the after prom party though, that was a real fuckin' blast.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by nargoth
God doesn't need one, hes omnipresent =P

And if there be no jocks in England, its those spoiled self glorifying upper middle class dickhead kids (ex chav now indie ones). I went to a grammar school (free one though). It was infested with them. Ugh.

He may be omnipresent but I've been told security won't let him get within a mile of the prom.

Where I live it's muslim gangsters and people on benefits.

Quote by TheLukeMaxfield
so i'm guessing you lot are mostly american. at your proms, do you all have to find a date to go? so if you dont have one you cant get in or something, or do you just look like a tosser?

we have a prom in my school this year, but nobody gives two shits about it, just looking forward to the afterparty

You can go to a prom without a date, but typically if you can't find one you just go with a friend of the opposite gender. Not many people actually go unaccompanied.
Quote by TheLukeMaxfield

At larger schools: girls don't need dates, they can go as friends. Guys though definably need dates. At the dance, everyone dances with their date so if you don't have one you sorta just stand their awkwardly. At smaller schools its a bigger event just cause like the entire junior/senior classes are going. The other school I'm talking about is only gonna have like 50 people at the prom.
I threw my invitation away.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Get wasted, thats what I did, it helps with arkward social situations

At my prom a teacher watched me buy condoms, then on my way out if offered him one, it probably sounded like I was offering him a sexul favour but tbh I was off my tits so I didnt care

Good times...
Quote by TheLukeMaxfield

You don't need a date (at least not where I grew up), but it's sort of a tradition I guess. It's a way to either have fun on a date with a friend, or try and get a girl to go with you as a real date.
Quote by padgea7x
He may be omnipresent but I've been told security won't let him get within a mile of the prom.

Where I live it's muslim gangsters and people on benefits.

Where I live its pikeys. I'm generally the sort of anti racist type, and I'm really open minded. But I really ****ing hate pikeys. They vandalise, burgle and steal everything. Going around in packs with their shit tracksuits, greasy mullets and gold chains. Ugh.
Quote by nargoth
Where I live its pikeys. I'm generally the sort of anti racist type, and I'm really open minded. But I really ****ing hate pikeys. They vandalise, burgle and steal everything. Going around in packs with their shit tracksuits, greasy mullets and gold chains. Ugh.

dont forget the classic jeans with dress shoes look completed with a half grown ginger knackertache and a stylish yet functional shiv
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by nargoth

I like Pikeys, just look at their adorable faces:

EDIT: and they box like a mother****er ^^^

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
At my prom a teacher watched me buy condoms, then on my way out if offered him one

Damn, the closest thing they were handing out to condoms at my prom were breathalyzer tests.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Prom was so damn fun. One of my best times in high school, a practically perfect night.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
a huge party with all your friends with a girl who is almost obliged to hook up with you AND 90% of parents don't care if you get wasted?

you're right. that sounds terrible.
I quit school a year early so my prom hasn't happened yet even though I'm at university. I never got round to paying for it though so I guess I'm not going

I'll probably meet up with some of my friends before or after it though seeing as it's in Glasgow where I now live anyway.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Go to your prom. Prom is the only school dance I went to and I had a great time with friends and a beautiful girl. I had a friend that didn't go to prom because he was "above that" and he regrets not going, especially with the girl he was into at the time.
My High School prom was awful - no date because I was fugly and unpopular so no date and also most of the people there were arsehole twatty chavs.
My 6th form prom was a lot better - we actually got to drink at that one and the people were a lot nicer.
OUT OF ORDER
Yeah I didn't want to go to my prom either. Everyone judging me based on my dress? Urgh.

Here's how to have an awesome time at the prom: Wear a suit with an inside pocket. Put a small pocket-flask of spirits in the pocket.

Get drunk before you go in, and tell some girls about the alcohol. Enjoy being surrounded by wimminz and alcohol all night.

Fin.
i didn't go to the prom

why would i go to a prom with 170 other people i spent 6 years disliking?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I went last year as a date to one of my senior friends. This year is my senior prom. I'm not super excited about it, but I'm not dreading it. The only thing is that it's less than three weeks away and I don't have a date. I had one, but due to time constraints she can't go. I asked someone else, and she hasn't given me an answer yet.

Shit's ridiculous.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Page 1 of 4