i was wondering what you guys think is the most difficult metallica song to play as a band? Personally i would say dyers eve...
Last edited by BFMV1995 at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Tornado of Souls.

Sarcastic comment is sarcastic.

I would say Blackened, and maybe some of the rhythm stuff from MoP.
Dyers Eve or Blackened are definitely their most technical songs, although dyers eve is considerably easier than blackened, at least in terms of intracity, I mean I can play the rhythm for Dyers eve quite easily but getting Blackened to sound -right- (ie not doing it the cheat ways and missing out the pedalling) I just find really awkward. Solo wise I'd say Dyers eve just beats blackened.
Any double-bass song from them when your drummer doesn't have the skills. It's pretty impossible then.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Dyers eve isn't too bad if everybody is well, good. I personally think the hardest to get down as a band would be Battery. The time signatures just **** with everyone, ultra fast rhythms, bass, and drums. I mean, the pentatonic/wah solo isn't bad, but besides that; that's what I think.
Put it in the metallica thread please.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by mmkat
i go with "and justice for all".. the song's pretty long and has some quite difficult parts to play correctly as a band

I always cut out the acoustic bit at the start and the slow breakdown in the middle of that song, just to keep the punch up, I mean it's a great song and I love it, but unless you're a tribute band or Metallica, it's a bit pretentious to play the ENTIRE thing.

Myself I don't find it too bad to play, once you get the rhythm down for the verses it's all downhill from there. Eye of the beholder, now THATs got a ****ing awkward rhythm, what with all the time changes and what not. If you want an awkward song for the hole band play the justice medley :P

There's always someone that forgets to change song; loads of time changes along with entire song changes, mwahahahahha!
Quote by Stranglehold
Put it in the metallica thread please.

Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Honestly, do you guys just wait around for Metallica threads to pop up before you post?