Page 1 of 2
So, I was watching Cartoon Network because they have recently started airing the old Looney Tunes that I'm a big fan of. Then, this 30-second promo came on and my jaw hit the floor. The network execs were only airing the old shows to lead into their new show.

My first reaction was to rage, but after the shock wore off I decided that this could potentially introduce these characters to younger viewers. It doesn't seem necessary to re-imagine Looney Tunes in my opinion.

So, what's up Pit? Will this new show be as good? Does it need to be as good? Will it be a horrible abomination that will wreck your childhood memories?
itl be horrible, cant have any violence and all the adult humor from the originals will be toned down, maybe not even exist at all.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Can I state once and for all that I am ****ING SICK of this horrible Flash-like style that cartoons have nowadays. It was funny with the Powerpuff Girls, kinda worked with Fairly Oddparents, looked kinda stupid with Danny Phantom, looks retarded in the new my Little Pony and looks retarded with this new Loony Toons show.

Hey Cartoon Network, I have this brand new amazing tool that was invented, you might wanna give it a try:

EDIT: and now, to calm my rage, here's "What's Opera Doc":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQlmXU1zqfc
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 3, 2011,
You guys wanna know the premise?

Bugs and Daffy move out of the woods to room together in the suburbs. The other characters will be their neighbors.

Also, Wille E. Coyote and Roadrunner will have their own CGI shorts and, my personal favorite, there will be two-minute music videos where the characters sing original songs. Of course, they'll be called "Merrie Melodies".

I'm going to fucking stab someone....
lol lewny tuns is racist
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by goest

Bugs and Daffy move out of the woods to room together in the suburbs. The other characters will be their neighbors.

Also, Wille E. Coyote and Roadrunner will have their own CGI shorts and, my personal favorite, there will be two-minute music videos where the characters sing original songs. Of course, they'll be called "Merrie Melodies".

It has potential, but I don't trust the modern networks to do it right at all. Part of the charm to, is the nostalgia. It doesn't look like any of that'll make it into the show.

EDIT: Ah, but then I read goaet's post, and realizing that it will be like a horrible animated version of Glee, my hopes went down the tubes.
Last edited by kaptkegan at Apr 3, 2011,
Looney Toons always sucked.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

I want to watch some Looney Toons now. ****ing love that stuff.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by goest

Agreed. Why can't they just air the originals like they used to. Stupid Liberal corporate childhood ruining bastards.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Agreed. Why can't they just air the originals like they used to. Stupid Liberal corporate childhood ruining bastards.

Shut then fuck up, Ethan

Old Looney Toons are infinitely better than the new ones will be. That all you have to say.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by element4433

I agree.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by jetfuel495
Go hit a basketball with a hammer

With the overprotective nature of today's parents, all forms of imitatable violence will be absent from the show. So I doubt it'll be nearly as entertaining.
What? Just because I had a superior taste in comedy as a child then you do now doesn't mean you have to get mad.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ethan_hanus
Oh this guy
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by ethan_hanus

OBAMANATION!!!!!

Seriously. Shut the fuck up.
Quote by element4433

Agreed. Looney Tunes was worthless. Important for its time, but currently worthless.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by TomusAM
Without the violence and racist stereotypes, I doubt I could care to watch it.

Pretty much this.
This thread sucks because it's a bunch of 20 year olds complaining that a kids show (that wasn't particularly funny in the first place) isn't going to live up to their expectations.
Quote by nincompoop
The year is 2011. I don't see Looney Tunes fitting into this equation.

well, it's been over a decade since Space Jam, they've probably decided it's time to milk the cash cow again and throw out something "modern" and "hip" for the "kids" to like.
Quote by due 07
This thread sucks because it's a bunch of 20 year olds complaining that a kids show (that wasn't particularly funny in the first place) isn't going to live up to their expectations.

The original Looney Tunes wasn't strictly a kids show, it was intended for family entertainment.
Quote by jetfuel495
I'm not mad at your supposed "superior" taste in comedy as a child (which is a lie), I'm mad because you lie.

Phony.

Goddammit Holden, he's such a damn phony.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jetfuel495
I'm not mad at your supposed "superior" taste in comedy as a child (which is a lie), I'm mad because you lie.

Phony.
I have never:

A. Lied
B. Been a phony
C. Seduced Jack Nicholson while dressed as a lady

Good day sir!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I have never:

A. Lied
B. Been a phony
C. Seduced Jack Nicholson while dressed as a lady

Good day sir!

A:
Quote by element4433

Lie.

B:
Quote by element4433
I had a superior taste in comedy as a child

Phony

C: I have pictures.
Quote by jetfuel495
A:
Lie.
Truth

B:
Phony
Also true, so not phony.

C: I have pictures.
It turns out that was just an old man, not Nicholson.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Looked pretty stupid to me

obligatory stfu ethan
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2