I just got my job last week and I'm still trying to feel out how to do everything, so if anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated.
love is love // return to dust
i didn't realise they had waiting jobs here?
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by tancanada
I just got my job last week and I'm still trying to feel out how to do everything, so if anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated.

well, make sure this isn't the only time you ask for 'tips'.

sorry, pun was intended.
Quote by Miracle_Man
i didn't realise they had waiting jobs here?

zing!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I went to an Italian restaurant and there was this waitress. She waited til everyone at my table got their meals then she pounced. She lived for this moment. She was holding the pepper. No one wanted any pepper but she still asked. She looked like she died when no one wanted the pepper.

EDIT: I didn't give her a tip. But I got a lollipop for paying
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Apr 3, 2011,
Being a waiter sounds too hard. Be a busboy.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Make sure you write things down properly and try and learn the menu. Will save time on **** ups and will stop the chef from punching you in the face.
When someone gets pissed at you (which will happen, no way to avoid it, happens to all waiters) don't get emotionally involved, just smile at them like a mad man, pisses them off more and you can't get in trouble for giving the guest a nice warm smile. oh and make sure you tip your busser fairly
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Leave all of your problems outside of work. Keep smiling (unless it's obviously not appropriate). I try to stick to a "script" as closely as possible, but always let the rich-looking group verbally pound you in the anus if it means more tip money.

Above all else, do not screw up an order; if you're unsure about something ask!
You want a tip? Here's a tip for ya!

*leaves 20% tip*
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
never screw up an order
smile
be nice
bonus points if your pretty

thats really it
Quote by tancanada
so if anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated.

I see what you did there.