Hey everyone,

I have the option of buying an almost new VOX VT30 for £80. I currently have a fender mustang 20 watt combo, would you advise i buy this?

I was going to buy a new pedal for myself, but i've read reviews on it and it looks like a great amp and i was just looking for your opinions.

My question is, and please appreciate that i am a bit naive when it comes to amps, can this be used for gigging through a pa? It's a 30watt amp.

Second question, would it be wrong of me to say this is a tube amp? I've read up and it says it has a 12AX7 vacuum tube, again forgive my naivety but i didn't think you could get a valve/tube for that price.

Thanks
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next
This a Hybrid amp, it has a tube preamp by no tubes.

I have one, and I love the sound I get from mine.

It is a modeling amp though, so if your use to running everything through a pedal setup you need to dial in a really good clean model and just use that with your pedals running over it.

As for gigging, this amp is ideal for a standalone guitarist or maybe a duo. With a P.A. system I suppose you could get away with a three piece setup but it would depend on the size of the venue.

It is indeed though, a great amp for home practicing and what not. You can get some really cool sounds out of it - its Vox's apporoach to the whole modeling amp thing, Peavey Vypers and Line 6 spiders are digital modelers, but this one is analog.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
This a Hybrid amp, it has a tube preamp by no tubes.

I have one, and I love the sound I get from mine.

It is a modeling amp though, so if your use to running everything through a pedal setup you need to dial in a really good clean model and just use that with your pedals running over it.

As for gigging, this amp is ideal for a standalone guitarist or maybe a duo. With a P.A. system I suppose you could get away with a three piece setup but it would depend on the size of the venue.

It is indeed though, a great amp for home practicing and what not. You can get some really cool sounds out of it - its Vox's apporoach to the whole modeling amp thing, Peavey Vypers and Line 6 spiders are digital modelers, but this one is analog.

Thanks for the reply

I didn't even think about the pedal issue, though i'm sure i can get a decent enough clean sound as a basis.

I think i'll get rid of the fender and buy this then as my practise amp, and then save up for an amp more suited for gigging.
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next