Hey UG I am looking for an inexpensive delay pedal with true bypass and this is what I have found so far and was wondering if anyone has one and could chime in on their perfomance.

Delta lab DD1
Biyang AD-10
Biyang AD-8
Modtone AD delay

I would like to run it in the front just for solo's we do a variety of classic rock and hard rock along with some country. So it would be able to perform some slapback as well but want it to be rich for some of the pink floyd we do ect.... And if anyone knows of any other delays under 100 bucks by all means enlighten me. I use a peavey classic 30 with a bitmo vintage tube monster and an mxr eq
Thanks
what type of delay do you want? analogue or digital?

i could be wrong, but a lot of those ones you listed (if not all) are described as analogue but are actually digital.

I haven't tried any of them- the biyangs i've tried have sounded good, but the reliability has been terrible.

Maybe consider tonerider, if you want analogue? I haven't tried their delay, but i have their distortion and chorus and they're very nice. And also reliable

EDIT: the daphon one is actually not bad if you only need slapback, but it gets noisy as the time goes up, and if you can get the tonerider for under your budget, based on the quality of their other pedals, I would imagine it'd be a lot better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Used Memory Boy/Toy.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Mod a danelectro?
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of delay do you want? analogue or digital?

i could be wrong, but a lot of those ones you listed (if not all) are described as analogue but are actually digital.

I haven't tried any of them- the biyangs i've tried have sounded good, but the reliability has been terrible.

Maybe consider tonerider, if you want analogue? I haven't tried their delay, but i have their distortion and chorus and they're very nice. And also reliable

EDIT: the daphon one is actually not bad if you only need slapback, but it gets noisy as the time goes up, and if you can get the tonerider for under your budget, based on the quality of their other pedals, I would imagine it'd be a lot better.

Yeah they are all digital I believe the modtone incorporates a digital chip and an analog chip or something like a hybrid. Would love to have something that I could run in the front and give me a warm or not so bright sound where the decay cuts some of the frequencies kinda like an old ross delay I had back in the 80's

Never heard of a tonerider
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Used Memory Boy/Toy.

The demo's on the pedal sound good, how does it sound in a chain in the front input of your amp?
Quote by B.Cross
The demo's on the pedal sound good, how does it sound in a chain in the front input of your amp?

I use the Boy in front of my amp with good results. I do run it after my dirt though, but before it adds an interesting, thick grit to the sound
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
I use the Boy in front of my amp with good results. I do run it after my dirt though, but before it adds an interesting, thick grit to the sound

I ordered a used one for 59 bucks I believe it will do what I need it to do, I never really like to spend too much on gear if I can get away with it. I have to say that guitar centers used is awesome, though some of it is overpriced.
That's a pretty good price! It gets mixed reviews, but I run it next to a Strymon Brigadier on my board and think its good/different enough to warrant keeping as well. Just be careful with the modulation depth knob, unless you want all-out madness (which is fun sometimes)
Board:
bbe two timer or a danelectro pb& j delay. The pb& j is good for long clean sterile delay
Last edited by losing battle at Apr 3, 2011,
the tonerider analog delay. don't think it's true analog, but it's a very good sim. as is the biyang.

digital simulation of analog/tape delay is where it's all going these days...
Memory lane 2
Echoczar
Tube Tape Echo

pretty decent analog delays.

If you want digital,

Empress VMSD
Eventide Timefactor
Strymon Timeline

Last edited by bogg808 at Apr 4, 2011,
Gotta go Mem Lane 2, no question.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by greeny23
inexpensive being the key word in all this. silly bogg.

Inexpensive to who though? inexpensive to someone that makes $3000 a day would be very different to someone who makes $3 a day.

so i'm sure to some luck sun'b1tch out there boggs list of inexpensive pedals are just that
Quote by bogg808
Memory lane 2
Echoczar
Tube Tape Echo

pretty decent analog delays.

If you want digital,

Empress VMSD
Eventide Timefactor
Strymon Timeline

The Timeline isn't even out yet, you tit.
Quote by B.Cross
Yeah they are all digital I believe the modtone incorporates a digital chip and an analog chip or something like a hybrid. Would love to have something that I could run in the front and give me a warm or not so bright sound where the decay cuts some of the frequencies kinda like an old ross delay I had back in the 80's

Never heard of a tonerider

they're nice pedals (the ones i've tried, anyway), but as i said, i haven't tried their delay. their pickups are well-regarded too, considering how cheap they are.

But yeah from the sounds of that it sounds like you might want an analogue delay.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez DE7.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals