Hey, ive been trying to see if there's any other way to play this psuedo-riff (it's not really a riff, per se, but its the main melody at the part). The part goes, at around 110 bpm:

In note notation (lol), 5/4 time, divided into 6-6-4-4 (16ths)
(2nd octave e, origional tuning): E F# D F#G E G A F# A B G F# E D E F# G F# E

Or in frets: Adding the extra triplet 16th scale
B|------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------35-----|
G| -----------------2-2-4-----------------------|------------------2-2-4------245--------|
D| 2-4-0-4-5-2-5-4----5-4-2-0-2-4-5-4-2-|2-4-0-4-5-2-5-4-----5-45------------|
...................................................................................................^Triplet scale.

The problem im having is that unless i take it slow or am really lucky, i start to lose notes in the strange string-cross plucking, or i get bleeding of notes. It takes me about 5 or so tries to get it as clean as i want, (which, granted, is crystal clear).

Just a quick bio about me in case it helps: Im a self-taught guitarist, more or less. Ive played viola since i was 10 years old, and therefore find these tricky fingering passages relatively easy. I am a huge fan of progressive metal in all it's forms. What i'm struggling with most on guitar is the strumming, especially in situations like this.

Any suggestions? I'll upload a mp3 of this part from finale 2010 if it helps.