Are they as meaty as regular humbuckers? I know it sounds strange but I love teles, even with the less meaty sound, but I want the meat there too. Would one of those sound thick like a regular humbucker or do they Just try to get as close as they can. Just a real quick question because it may be the defining answer in if I get one I can gig with or one I can just have to love forever haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
you have single coils humbuckers, they DO exist
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
dont they make a humbucker fitted teles?
think its called black top or somthing like that
Quote by supersac
dont they make a humbucker fitted teles?
think its called black top or somthing like that

i thought that too, but didn't know for sure

looked: on thomann you have even a tele with 3 humbuckers O_O
but a lot are HH or H or HS ( most SS )
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Apr 3, 2011,
Idk, they sounded good from the videos I've seen of billy corgan's signature strat which has those in them.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
I have a strat fitted with a couple single sized humbuckers. Of course they won't sound exactly the same as their full sized counterparts due to their physical makeup. The two I have in my strat, Dimarzio Super Distortion and Tone Zone, both sound "thick" to their appropriate degrees.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
From what I've read, they get close, but most people feel they just don't sound the same as a humbucker, and tend to stay away from them. I've personally never tried one, so idk.

I've tried stacked humbuckers, which is single coil sized, but those sound alot more like single coils, but still don't sound like true single coils.
they are definitely different if they are stacked. somewhere in between but they split good.

they do make tiny humbuckers in a tele bridge size though.

anderson makes a bunch.

Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I don't think it's necessary. Tele's can get plenty meaty with a slight adjustment of the EQ.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I've tried a bunch in my strat and I have to say: Nah. The ones I tried didn't get remotely close to a "normal" 'bucker's bottom-end, and they usually have a pretty limited scope of usable tones.

I've resorted to using an EQ-pedal with my single-coils and rolling down the tone-knob a bit when I want humbucker-esque tones.
I know that eq ing can do a lot, I was just wondering. I know they have teles with humbuckers but that doesn't really help me if I have the option to buy my friend's tele. That's why I asked.

Thanks for all tue replies! Also I played a blacktop and it wasn't "for me" if you know what I mean. Wasn't a huge fan of the guitar itself. That particular one
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
I have 16k alinco 4 pickups in my tele.

it's fat. not as fat as a humbucker but fatter then any other tele.

Except mraddicts. Because I sold him the other pickup I wasn't using.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by SimplyBen
I don't think it's necessary. Tele's can get plenty meaty with a slight adjustment of the EQ.

this. i love the density and clarity my tele has even with high gain. the only thing i got against it is that its not as hot as id like it but it still it pretty awesome