I read somewhere that keeping the fretboard oiled prevents the neck warping. And that it's actually as or even more important than humidity.

Is it true? I always thought it was just used to make it look better again when it got too dry

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
All I ever put on any of my guitars was polish, you know, furniture cleaner in a spray bottle with a Gibson sticker on it.

But guess what? None of my necks are warped. And my two main guitars are probably older than you.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
I seriously doubt it. In fact, too much oil will warp the fretboard, and make it soft so that the frets moves. Dry wood will eventually crack however, but don't oil your fretboard more than once a year or so.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by SKArface McDank
where'd you hear this?

Jemsite?

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Oiling the fretboard doesn't have much to do with neck warping. It has to do with preventing the fretboard itself from cracking (minutely) due to dryness but is more about looks than anything else.