Page 1 of 2
Today, my brother's cat stepped on a razor on the floor of my bathroom. I left the razor on the side of the tub and it might have fallen off, or the cat, still being a kitten, was playing with it. One of the pads of her toes was taken off by the razor, and my mom put a boot on her foot so that she wouldn't lick it and there wouldn't be a mess.

Later, we take the boot off the kitten's foot and it's swelled HUGE. My mom starts freaking out worse than me, having what I presume is a panic attack(I'm prone to those) and freaking out because she thinks it's her fault for putting on the boot too tight. Those three(Mom, dad, brother) leave for the vet and I stay home to unload groceries and watch the dog. Instead I sit on the kitchen floor against the wall and bawl my eyes off.

I can't help thinking that it's my fault, and images of the cat's paw and the piece of cat skin in my razor and my mom freaking out keep flashing in my mind. Pit, is there a fault here?

inb4 lololol 14 year old freaking out
It was an accident. Nobody was wrong.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Don't worry, the kitten will be fine.

I hope that eases the guilt.
Dude, that toetally sucks. I hope your cat gets better.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Ok....Why put a boot on it?

But really, I hope it isn't hurt too badly.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I hope it'll make you paws for thought in future.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by fearofthemark
Dude, that toetally sucks. I hope your cat gets better.

icwutudidthar.

Be careful where you put your razors, and don't let your cat in the bathroom maybe?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Ryan Rage
Shit they're home, they're gonna rape me.

Wut.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Ryan Rage

Just hope that they're feline quite calm.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You should have given it a kitty tourniquet and elevated its paw above its heart. The initial injury was an accident, but your incompetence afterward can be blamed on yourself and your mother. You should feel bad.

Edit: Props to Cam_sampbell for the puns.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Apr 3, 2011,
Don't make puns in this thread. This kid is obviously upset. Don't be dicks.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It was an accident man. It happens. Just apologize for your carelessness. I'm sure it won't be so big of a deal.
dude you'll be fine, the kitten/cat will be ok, its just like if you took a bit of skin off, it'll grow back.

few days after its healed the cat won't even remember it, it'll just want chicken...

but let us know what the vet/family say.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
It was an accident man. It happens. Just apologize for your carelessness. I'm sure it won't be so big of a deal.

This.

Just try to be a bit more careful.
Dude, cats are used to step on sharp stuff in the wild. It will survive. And you will for ever call it a Nine-Padded-Cat.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Dude, cats are used to step on sharp stuff in the wild. It will survive. And you will for ever call it a Frodo The Nine-Padded-Cat.

Fixed
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Don't worry, Cats have nine lives, and some of them have only nine toes, because of bathroom accidents.
It's an accident, calm down! Now if you left an old fashioned guillotine lying around with the blade up.....different story.
TS, it certainly wasn't your fault. Animals tend to play with all kind of stuff and chew on cables and shit, just keep sharp things somewhere safe.

I want to know, how the cat is doing!!!
when i was 6, i actually overdosed on diclofenac. when i passed out, i accidently closed the door on my cat's tail. we all make mistakes.
Please update this thread to let me know the cat is ok! I know he will be, but people like resolutions to this kind of thread

Don't feel bad, accidents happen all the time with animals. My labrador, just an hour ago, did this enormous yelp and would not stop crying whilst holding her back foot up a bit, turns out when we were playing fetch on our walk she skidded through some glass and took a slice of her main pad bit off her back paw, then made it a load worse by walking through a load of stinging nettles, and I didn't notice at all until she made a fuss.

These things happen with pets. Don't worry about it.
shit happens, just calm down, nothing you can do about it now.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Pets are pretty damn resilient and if it's going to the vets then your cat should be fine.

It's not your fault for leaving a razor in the bathroom and your cat playing with it.
vet will stitch it up if it even needs stitches, it wont have had time to become infected yet (presuming it happened today)

kitteh will be fine (:

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

1. don't feel guilty, but if you're feeling very sad/anxious/scared it is quite natural.
2.how the **** is your cat doing???
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
I had a pet rat when I was little. One day we noticed that he was limping around (actually we saw it earlier but assumed he hurt himself running around or something). My mom and sis took it to the vet and I went to my training class. On the way back home I already knew that something bad happened and when I got home... no pet rat anymore
He had a tumor and had to be put down.

No accident, but still I thought this would be relevant.
I ate something that disagreed with me the other night and I had brought one of the female cats inside the house and had her in the basement with me while I was goofing around on the internet and she gave birth to a kitten while I watched, totally enthralled and disturbed at the same time. But there it was, cute little black and white baby kitty and I kept them in the basement until the next day when I took them back outside with a cozy box to sleep in. I'd say it was close to 10 AM when I took them outside and then when I went back out that evening to feed the rest of the cats, I checked on Unch (the mother) and the kitten. Unch wasn't there, but the kitten was. He was cold and stiff. Very much dead. I was still feeling a bit funny from the night before and I nearly had an emotional breakdown while burying the poor little guy...I should have just kept them in the basement with me TS, keep an eye out for signs of infection on your kitty's foot while it's healing. Other than infection, kitty should be fine and free of any immediate health risks.
And everyone else who has a pet that they truly care about, give them a big hug if you haven't done so already today.
Peepee on yo tittays
I had a similar situation earlier in the year. I was home alone and our kitten was acting kinda wierd, making strange noises and stuff. I figured she was going into heat, because she hadn't been spade yet, and it was similar to what our other cat had done when it was that age. The next morning she was having seizures and my mom took her to the vet.
I felt horrible that I didn't take her to the vet the day before. We did have to get her put down, but their was nothing I could have done. She had some weird disease that wasn't treatable. I felt like it was my fault for a while but eventually realized it wasn't.

It wasn't your fault, kittens are curious. Hopefully they fix your kitten up
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by Ryan Rage
inb4 lololol 14 year old freaking out

*Looks at user title*

sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
I.... I think they killed the TS...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
I.... I think they killed the TS...

=[
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by element4433
Don't make puns in this thread. This kid is obviously upset. Don't be dicks.

Quote by Ryan Rage

Let's all be serious, because TS sure is.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Page 1 of 2