Hey I started this for some of my favorite bands, that I would say are definatley alternative/indie, but don't quite fit the mold. It seems there is a growing number of bands that have a style of music that fits here. Bands and Artist like:

Lucero
Murder by Death
The Builders and the Butchers
O'death
Chuck Ragan
William Elliott Whitmore
Ben Nichols
Drive-By Truckers
Justin Townes Earle
These United States
Deer Tick
Drag the River
Jason Isbell
The Civil Wars
Tallest Man on Earth
Nathaniel Rateliff
Two Cow Garage
The Walkmen
The National

To name a few. It's my favorite current style, and I couldn't really find them mentioned any where else. If anybody else knows of bands like this throw 'em up. I love this kind of music.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by facemelt365
May I suggest the Black Keys, The Breeders and Kings of Convenience.

I love the Black Keys, but the production on the last couple albums isn't really the sound I was thinking of when I compiled this list.

The Breeders as well are a much older band, and not really the sound I was seeking either. Though they are definately worth a listen.

I had never heard of the Kings of Convenience, and although they are not what I was looking for, or thinking of either, I definately see them fitting in with the likes of Nathaniel Rateliff/The Wheel, Tallest Man on Earth. So thank you for the input. I shall give them an attentive listen.

Overall mine isn't the best list, and a bit too broad, but if I get twenty or thirty suggestions, and I find two or three bands, that can really sink my teeth into, then it's a profit.

I also earge anyone to check out any of the artist above, as they are some of my favorites.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Do you mean the whole Fleet Foxes/The Head and the Heart/Low Anthem/Avett Brothers kind of deal? Also, theres a band called the Redwoods who you can find on bandcamp that are in this genre and are really good. The album Listen to John Muir is awesome.
"We're not really interested in the individual instruments sounds. We just like the way they dance together in the air." - Fabrizio Moretti

http://www.baconorbeercan.com/
Head and the Heart
Low Anthem are both good, thanks for the suggestions.

I could never really get into the Fleet Foxes, but I'll give 'em another spin.

Titus Andronicus seems to fit with Lucero at least, I'll give them a more consuming listen.

Old Crow Medicine Show fits in with Justin Townes Earle, and The Civil Wars
I wasn't really thinkin' of the Avett Brothers, but as big as this list has gotten I may as well add them, and the Decemberist as well.

Oh and Ryan Bingham. He should be on there. I may have to remove Tallest, as being Americana, one should recide from the US.
I'd suggest Hayes Carll, what I've heard off the new album is pretty good. Also an awesome resource is the United States of Americana on the current (Minnesota Public Radio) It's a great radio show and they play a good mix of new Americana and old Americana/country/cowpunk/what have you.
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/music_blog/archive/united-states-o/
Quote by Toadvine
Head and the Heart
Low Anthem are both good, thanks for the suggestions.

I could never really get into the Fleet Foxes, but I'll give 'em another spin.

Titus Andronicus seems to fit with Lucero at least, I'll give them a more consuming listen.

Old Crow Medicine Show fits in with Justin Townes Earle, and The Civil Wars
I wasn't really thinkin' of the Avett Brothers, but as big as this list has gotten I may as well add them, and the Decemberist as well.

Oh and Ryan Bingham. He should be on there. I may have to remove Tallest, as being Americana, one should recide from the US.

The head and the heart and fleet foxes are amazing! check out Trampled by Turtles