"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Ghefly
That precision is butt-ugly.

Yea, ok

I think's beautiful.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
I always like the 50's P's, but I gotta say I think the LPB Classic Vibe looks much better. The Matt Freeman looks good though, I like the addition of the HiMass bridge
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
That Jag just hit top of my GAS list...short-scale and P-J combo and jag shaped...ITS BETTER THAN SEEEEEEEEEX
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
That Jag just hit top of my GAS list...short-scale and P-J combo and jag shaped...ITS BETTER THAN SEEEEEEEEEX

100% This

Also at this rate Squier are going to start out doing Fender. There are already more Squiers on my GAS list than there are Fenders and it won't be long before the same is true for everyone except the headstock elitists.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
100% This

Also at this rate Squier are going to start out doing Fender. There are already more Squiers on my GAS list than there are Fenders and it won't be long before the same is true for everyone except the headstock elitists.

100% That
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by Ghefly
That precision is butt-ugly.

Well that Precision thinks your butt ugly. so there.

Seriously though, those Squiers are looking damn sexy, and that 50's P bass WILL be mine, oh yes it will be mine.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by skater dan0

+1. Fender isn't doing a whole lot in their bass section other then the new, decidedly "meh" American Specials. The guitars have the new Blacktops and Pawn Shop series, but no major new developments for us in the bass crowd.

And with Squier starting to overtake MIMs in QC and options, Fender should really start doing something new in the <MIA price point. I know I'd love to see more CIJ lines available.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^ No such thing as CIJ anymore. It's all MIJ, And there's a proverbial shit tonne of awesome stuff made by Fender Japan, it's just a shame they wont release any of the good stuff internationally.
I feel Fender's giving anything that could be considered "quirky" to Squier and keeping that traditional vibe going with the main Fender brand, with the basses anyway. I got all excited when I saw the new Pawn Shop series of guitars then went looking for Pawn Shop Basses. No dice.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I too cannot stand 50's P basses. They look disgusting, I dont like Jags or Mustangs either.
pinga
I thought Mustangs were still labeled CIJ, not that it really matters much, anything from Fender Japan is awesome. In any case, Fender needs to up the ante at the Ensenada factory, or start making MIJ's for export if they want to preserve their spot in the mid-priced market.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by skater dan0
100% This

Agreed, they are really some of the best basses out there for the money, and they're only improving in variety and quality.

And what is CIJ? I know MIJ is made in Japan but I've never seen the other.
Quote by Tostitos
start making MIJ's for export if they want to preserve their spot in the mid-priced market.

I have a feeling that MIA Fender sales would drop dramatically if that happened. My JB75-US is flawless and kicks every Am Std I've played repedatley in the face. Everyone who wasn't a MIA snob would jump on them.
I have a feeling that the non-export Fender Japan models are a bit more tailored for the Japanese market too.

Quote by edgeyyz
And what is CIJ? I know MIJ is made in Japan but I've never seen the other.

CIJ is Crafted In Japan, there's no physical difference between the two despite what people claim. It's just all about the dating. When Fender Japan first started everything was labled "Made In Japan" then sometime in the 90s they started using "Crafted in Japan" then in... 2007 I think it was everything went back to MIJ. The only difference is in that one word.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by consecutive e
I have a feeling that MIA Fender sales would drop dramatically if that happened. My JB75-US is flawless and kicks every Am Std I've played repedatley in the face. Everyone who wasn't a MIA snob would jump on them.
I have a feeling that the non-export Fender Japan models are a bit more tailored for the Japanese market too.

I meant more of what they have with the Mustang and Aerodyne (QC-wise) applied to standard models, rather then opening up the crazy awesome Japan-only models to international sale. It just seems silly to have a great budget line and a great top end line, and then not have anything in the middle that justifies its price tag.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Just to be sure, because the TS sent links from a British site, those basses can be purchased in America right?
Quote by askrere
Just to be sure, because the TS sent links from a British site, those basses can be purchased in America right?

German site.

Yes, Squier seem to make their whole range available in the US.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by askrere

Yep, those are just the first sites i could snag that had pictures.

I know the ss Jag will be available in a few different color-combos... i think the black (as shown, but also red (like the long scale Jag bass) and silver (like the Blacktop guitar series)... all with black pickguards and rosewood fingerboards.

I like the Matt Freeman sig... but it;s essentially just a Roger Waters sig with crappier electronics. Not BAD... more for cost-reduction sake.

The 50's P is sexy.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Roger Waters' sig has a brass nut too.
IMO Matt deserves a Fender Sig, not a Squier. But then again there's only so much you can do with a P bass.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e

IMO Matt deserves a Fender Sig, not a Squier. But then again there's only so much you can do with a P bass.

110% Agree

It's just a fact that MANY younger musicians start out with some kind of punk rock... and I can't think of many other Fender bassists that have had such an impact on young players...

I started (and still play) punk stuff... Matt Freeman was a influence, but not the biggest for me. I'm still wishing for a Karl Alvarez sig Stingray or a Mike Watt sig Gibson(or Epiphone)...
Quote by consecutive e
Roger Waters' sig has a brass nut too.

Signature basses that are just paint jobs annoy me a bit, those production lines could be making something more interesting. This sig has a 'custom wound' pickup, my bet's on that not being much to shout about.

Maybe this is why it's a Squier rather than a Fender? That said, the Sting sig is the most boring and useless sig I have seen, might as well get a 50s P RI.
Oh, I thought it said .UK, and I could read it all, but whatever, I'd love a vintage P, Also does anyone sell Tele headstock style necks? Cheap :P
Quote by askrere
Also does anyone sell Tele headstock style necks?

Check out: Warmoth, Allparts, or Mighty Mite.

Cheap :P

:/ not so much... if they have 'em, mighty mite will be the cheapest.