I'm looking for a distortion pedal for under £50 ($80) and yes they do work on the vox vt20+ amp I have tried it. Preferably to play light / classic / vintage rock i liked the vox v830 but it's a little too expensive Help please.
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

I'm thinking a Boss DS-2 might be good for you, although you may have to look around for a place where you'd find them for under £50... They're decent pedals with a pretty wide range and close to indestructible...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

what do you mean by "light/classic/vintage rock"?

Most distortions (in my experience) have a heavier, more modern sound than that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I went to a shop when I needed such a pedal. I compared the Boss ds2 with the Digitech Hothead and here is what I heard. Ds is more agresive, a bit more versatile, and pretty much a good pedal but I went for the Hot head since it had more warmth to it, and tone. You would be happy with either one of them.
the boss ds-2 is a good example of what i am looking for to be honest.

oh ok

tonerider british distortion? it's ages since i've tried the ds2, but i have an md2 and the tonerider is noticeably better than it. It's not £300-boutique-distortion-pedal-good, but it's noticeably better than most of the mass-produced cheaper distortion pedals I've tried. For a similar price if not less (£50 delivered). Only negative is you can't try it first (though you could always send it back if you didn't like it using distance-selling, I mean postage on a pedal is normally about £3).

EDIT: they also do a tubescreamer-style od pedal if you decide to go down that route, though I dunno how well they work with modellers.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 3, 2011,
I'm gonna try some out soon the tonerider british distortion and boss ds 2 sound like the closest so far Thanks for recommendations

there are some clips on the tonerider site (though they use delay and stuff on it, plus I suspect they're using a decent tube amp which also suits the voicing of the pedal, so don't put too much stock on the clips, lol).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you play light/classic/vintage rock, why are you looking for a distortion pedal?

I'd recommend an overdrive rather than a distortion any day of the week.

Ben.
Fudoshin.

XxX-Ben-xXx
You want an overdrive pedal, not distortion. Anyway I dont like distortion pedals, unless there is an overdrive in front of em.
Quote by evan-simpson22
The Digitech Death Metal distortion, it sounds wankish but its a good distortion pedal

wut
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?