Hey Ug'ers

so after yesterdays decision I have decided to go for the amp.

Could people please recomend me amps please.

Preferbly tube amp. Im just a bedroom guitarist.

Budget: £700

I play mostly metal but do try to play other generas of music.

So yeah recomend away!

I also understand I have a few spelling mistakes plase ignore that Im typing in a rush.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
how flexible is that budget?

are you willing to buy used? You don't have to be, but it helps if we know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a tab bit flexible, also yes im willing to go second hand
Quote by Dave_Mc
how flexible is that budget?

are you willing to buy used? You don't have to be, but it helps if we know.

traynor

£700....

I will go with my usual shout on this..

ENGL Screamer 50 combo and a nice boost pedal.

go second hand and you should get a great deal and have loads of money left over.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Wouldn't 50 watts tube be really loud for a bedroom guitarist?
^^ hehe i was going to say the screamer too.

I don't think thomann has those traynors back yet, plus they're more rock amps I think.

^ engls sound pretty good turned down. I mean most high gain tube amps are high wattage... it really depends on how loudly you can turn it up. But if the answer is "not very much/TV volume", then pretty much any tube amp is going to be too loud, regardless of the wattage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hehehe great minds hey Dave?

Engl's are the best hi gain / high wattage amps I have ever used at bedroom levels and the screamer is my favourite non Mesa combo amp out there. Its brilliant.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah, definitely, if keeping the volume down while still going tube and high gain is what you want, engl are up there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
they are up there end of

God I miss mine

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Blackstars are awesome.
My HT 40 sounds great even at low volumes.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by ibrahimasood
what about Blackstar?

i thought you wanted a tube amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?