Hey everyone, im having a problem with placing the order of effects for my guitar. I have a Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 and a Boss DS-2.

With this set up i cant get a wah sound, stepping on the wah will give me the boost in volume but none of the effects. Having the DS-2 on or off doesnt make a difference either.

Set A: Guitar > Distortion > Wah > Amp

But with this set-up, i can get the wah sound.

Set B: Guitar > Wah > Distortion > Amp

The sound of set B is a bit muddy, but people have been suggesting to put the wah after distortion. i wanted to give that a try but its not working for me. Any help or feedback would be appreciated!
Set B is what i use. there is an order in which you're meant to run your effects, i dont remember it fully, but i know wah comes before distortion
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
I use set B, but after all it's a personal preference, just use your ear to decide.
Yep, set B is the way to go.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
I do this:

Guitar > Compressor > Phaser > Big Muff > Wah > Double Muff > Tubescreamer Clone > Modulation (chorus and univibe) > Amp

It's not the "conventional" set-up for pedals but I like it for what sounds I try to achieve.
There is a way to set your pedals up basically to reduce how messy/muddy the signal and sound gets but set it up how you like it.

I put the Big Muff before the Wah so that when I use the Muff in conjunction with the Wah I get a really mean bigger sound than having it before where the Big Muff basically blows the signal out and gets nearly no Wah sound.

Then I put all my OD's after it since they don't affect the Wah as much.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
Set B is what i use. there is an order in which you're meant to run your effects, i dont remember it fully, but i know wah comes before distortion

In my perception there's no order you're meant to run your effects, just some few heavily used setups which work for a lot of people, but there sure are some crazy FX chains out there.

I'd recommend you use B, if you really want that Wah sound (:
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
There is an order you're meant to run them through to reduce noise and signal loss, etc.

Ben.
Fudoshin.

XxX-Ben-xXx
Quote by HaloDestroyer
There is an order you're meant to run them through to reduce noise and signal loss, etc.

Ben.

Call me silly, but the verb 'meant to' sounds like an order/imperative to me. There, ofcourse, is an order in which there will be maximum noise reduction. Nobody is meant to follow that order though.

But let's not get into those guitar/philosophy crossover fields any further..
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
thanks guy

ive check a bunch of site and set b is the most common set-up. some people have set it up like set A. Im trying to do that but it just doesnt seem to work for me