my guitar suffers from some major string buzz, i dont feel like going to the shop since its a pretty old (cheap japanese,korean) Aria guitar and i'm planning on buying a new one anyway, so every dollar spend on it is one too much.

So, the buzzing occurs mainly on the higher frets, its not very bad when fingerpicking
but when playing with a pick it gets annoying especially when playing chords. I already
tried adjusting the bridge, doesnt do a thing. Tried different strings, doesnt do a thing.

However when i had d'addario chromes on the guitar i didnt hear buzz, but they where to thick for me. So now i changed to regular slinkies.

The buzz seems to come from the the thing below the bridge http://www.elderly.com/images/vintage/30U/30U-14046_bridge.jpg the thing on the bottom of the guitar. I dont know what its called, but the sound seems to come from there.

Does anybody know what to do against this problem, or do i really have to bring the guitar to the shop (which i wont)
Last edited by absolutestarter at Apr 3, 2011,
The Tailpiece? You are contradicting yourself and confusing the reader. You say strings don't make a difference but then you say d'addario chromes made the buzz go away. Edit your post to better describe under what conditions the buzzing can be heard. Then we can help you.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
The Tailpiece? You are contradicting yourself and confusing the reader. You say strings don't make a difference but then you say d'addario chromes made the buzz go away. Edit your post to better describe under what conditions the buzzing can be heard. Then we can help you.

I guess i mean the tailpiece indeed, didnt know the word for it. Well like i said, the chromes did take the buzz away but then again, it wouldnt make sense to only beeing able to have such heavy strings on the guitar. So now i wonder what makes the strings buzz.
Check the neck relief. You might have too much relief.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS