Page 1 of 2
Ok guys, I've been wondering this for a while. I've always had a bit of a widow's peak, but now that I have cut my hair shorter I keep looking at my..."wisdom pockets" a lot more often.

What do you guys think? Is my hairline receding?

I thought that out of all people you'd be the last person to worry about losing hair.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You could take some of it out of your arse and stick it on your head.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Yeah.

Welcome to the club.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Zoot Allures
Yes, your hair is receeding, i have the same thing as you except not as advanced , but it sucks. :/

Seriously?

I mean...really?

How will I end up looking?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Seriously?

I mean...really?

Bald
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Unless you take pillz, bald.

EDIT: I have the same receding hairline =/
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by SG_dave
Join the club brah.

Al the men on my Father's side of the family were bald by 30, i'm going the same way. I get out of the shower and the hair catcher in the drain looks like cousin IT.

Which is my problem, no male on my dad's side has gone bald so far =/ so I'm part of the 30% non-genetic
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Seriously?

I mean...really?

Hairline always recedes like that on the lateral sides. But you might not need to worry till you're like 50 or something.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Apr 3, 2011,
Whoa, I had no idea people could go bald that early. >.>

I'm only fifteen, but now I'm a little worried.
Quote by Zoot Allures

Hairline always recedes like that on the lateral sides. But you might not need to worry till you're like 50 or something.

For real? Hot damn.
whats a widows peak? and wisdom pockets? lol, yeah im prolly balding/receeding too, only 18 ;( its like the very edge of the sides? are light, and dont seem to grow much, and of course the obvious normal balding, im probably not making sense <3
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
And I'm annoyed with my hair because it grows too fast. Need a hair cut every 2 weeks :p
Quote by ilovepepsi
whats a widows peak? and wisdom pockets? lol, yeah im prolly balding/receeding too, only 18 ;( its like the very edge of the sides? are light, and dont seem to grow much, and of course the obvious normal balding, im probably not making sense <3

Your sig has a widows peak.
dont worry, those eyebrow forests you have will balance it out visually.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Ehm, the hair always looks like that. I have had that for a few years but I'm not losing hair, it's still thick and grows a lot. I wouldn't worry.

Most people's hair is patterned more or less like that.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by Philip_pepper
You think I'm a guido? Seriously?

I can see where he's coming from. You're not orange enough right now which is the giveaway.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I can see where he's coming from. You're not orange enough right now which is the giveaway.

Dude, I live in Scotland. The sun comes out once a year.
Quote by TomusAM
Whoa, I had no idea people could go bald that early. >.>

I'm only fifteen, but now I'm a little worried.

I started losing hair at 14. Genes are horrible.

On an unrelated note, unless you hair is doing it too, you really have no idea how traumatic losing your hair is. Seriously, it's the most depressing thing. My crown is receding and the back of my scalp is getting thinner. It's not so noticable when I'm in a fairly dim place (well duh) but if you shine a light on my head you can see my entire scalp. I'm actually growing my hair out ONE last time to try to see if my old jew-locks could help cover it up, and if it doesn't work I'm Bic'ing it. I'd really rather not, and I'm sure no one WANTS to, but sometimes it's the best choice.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by The 6th String
I started losing hair at 14. Genes are horrible.

On an unrelated note, unless you hair is doing it too, you really have no idea how traumatic losing your hair is. Seriously, it's the most depressing thing. My crown is receding and the back of my scalp is getting thinner. It's not so noticable when I'm in a fairly dim place (well duh) but if you shine a light on my head you can see my entire scalp. I'm actually growing my hair out ONE last time to try to see if my old jew-locks could help cover it up, and if it doesn't work I'm Bic'ing it. I'd really rather not, and I'm sure no one WANTS to, but sometimes it's the best choice.

They estimate widespread stem cell hair replacement will be around in like 5 years.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
I think your hair is migrating to your ass to make up for what used to be there.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Most guys have that, and in your case it's not even that bad. You shouldn't be too worried now. Hair receding like that is quite common. As for the rest of your head, you shouldn't lose a whole lot now, so no problem there.

If you're that worried, just shave your chest or ass and stick the hair in the missing parts, you'll have a head of hair in no time
Maybe not. Some people have a naturally high hairline that isn't receding. I noticed that mine was kind of like that when I was 16. I'm 22 now and my hairline hasn't budged so it's not receding. I also asked the lady that cuts my hair about it and she said that her 11 year old son had a pretty high hairline too so it's not all that uncommon.
Partial recession like that is common for guys in their teens or early 20's. It doesn't necessarily mean you're balding, you just don't have the hairline of an 8 year old anymore.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Just so you know, there is such a thing as hairline maturation. Most kids have a sort of "straight line" kind of hairline and a super think mane of hair, and when you go through puberty or mature, you hair sort of changes to the widows peak type. Obviously there are exceptions, and I might be making this up (though I think I remember reading about it), but that's just what I've seen. Maybe that's what's happening/happened with you.

I went through that process and was scared shitless thinking that I was going bald. Both my dad and my brother have gone bald; my brother was he was around 18, maybe younger, so whenever I would take a shower or comb my hair and find massive amounts of hair coming out when I was around 16 I assumed that I was starting to lose my hair too.

But I'm 20 now and I don't know if I did something to stop it (probably not), but my hair hasn't been like it was at 16 and looks fine. It looks sort of like yours, but it's stayed this way for years so unless my hair is receding really really slow (which I know could be true), I think I'm in the clear.

Quote by Masamune
Maybe not. Some people have a naturally high hairline that isn't receding. I noticed that mine was kind of like that when I was 16. I'm 22 now and my hairline hasn't budged so it's not receding. I also asked the lady that cuts my hair about it and she said that her 11 year old son had a pretty high hairline too so it's not all that uncommon.

This.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
Join the club brah.

Al the men on my Father's side of the family were bald by 30, i'm going the same way. I get out of the shower and the hair catcher in the drain looks like cousin IT.

The first thing that came to my mind wasn't the hairy character from Adam's family, but Mick Mars.

I'm wondering about this aswell, mainly because I have medium length hair (they cover up my ears) and every time I wash them I think if I'm losing hair or is it normal for the hair catcher to look that hairy after.
No. You are only losing your hair.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Page 1 of 2