Hey guys i was just wondering what you guys like to get funky with because i plan on looking into a new wah wah.I had i 'original crybaby' and i thought it was too tin sounding so i sold it off.Im looking into a Vox wah or this company called morley that my friend suggested.
So what do you guys like?
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Having never owned a wah, I can't speak from personal experience, but I'm a big fan of both the MXR/CAE wah as well as as the RMC wahs. One of them is probably making it into my rig in month or two.
I only use a wah pedal for short bursts in some of my leads, so I wanted something true bypass, and incredibly easy to use. Playing metal, I wanted a wah that sounded good with a high gain signal going through it. I researched a bit, and was really interested in the Morley Bad Horsey 2 pedal, the Steve Vai one. I got an unbeatable deal on it, and have owned it for multiple years now. Never had a single issue with it, and it's sounded great IMO! I love it because you don't have to push the pedal all the way down to click on and off - it's touch activated. As soon as you start to rock the pedal, it turns on, when you take your foot off, a split second later it shuts off and goes into true bypass.
Quote by ARJeff
I only use a wah pedal for short bursts in some of my leads, so I wanted something true bypass, and incredibly easy to use. Playing metal, I wanted a wah that sounded good with a high gain signal going through it. I researched a bit, and was really interested in the Morley Bad Horsey 2 pedal, the Steve Vai one. I got an unbeatable deal on it, and have owned it for multiple years now. Never had a single issue with it, and it's sounded great IMO! I love it because you don't have to push the pedal all the way down to click on and off - it's touch activated. As soon as you start to rock the pedal, it turns on, when you take your foot off, a split second later it shuts off and goes into true bypass.
Not true bypass, for what it's worth. It uses a buffer, which isn't a bad thing, but it's definitely not true mechanical bypass.
Quote by mmolteratx
Teese RMC3 is my favorite I've owned.

This. I have a slightly older one than he does.

In fact, I just sold my Clyde Deluxe because of it. (though I've been intending to do that for nearly a year now)

Quote by ARJeff
I love it because you don't have to push the pedal all the way down to click on and off - it's touch activated. As soon as you start to rock the pedal, it turns on, when you take your foot off, a split second later it shuts off and goes into true bypass.

Touch wahs are totally useless if you want to use them as a fixed filter though, like for the "Money For Nothing" riff.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Apr 3, 2011,
The Moollon Wah is meant to be excellent, if you can afford the cash.

I have a Dunlop Cry Baby, not too impressed. Had the Screamin' Demon, not impressed.

At the moment, quite taken with my BOSS AutoWah. Plenty of tonal options, and a tempo/stroke setting.

Ben.
Fudoshin.

XxX-Ben-xXx
Stock? The satriani wah.
Not stock? Mine, GCB95 with yellow fasel, and the adjustable vocal mod.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This. I have a slightly older one than he does.

In fact, I just sold my Clyde Deluxe because of it. (though I've been intending to do that for nearly a year now)

Don't own mine anymore. I had a period where I wasn't using it at all and figured it would be better to take the money it was worth and throw it in my amp fund. It belongs to some dude in Portugal now. I bought a Clyde Standard a while back since I found one real cheap and it's okay; I wish I had gone for another Teese instead. So now it's up for sale since I modded a GCB-95 to be as good as my Teese was.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I have the MXR CAE wah, and it's pretty beast, good range and a boost built it, but the only downside is if you have high output pups, you can overdrive the line input, so instead of having a smooth filter transition, it'll jump from about 30% of forward to 70% forward, even though you only moved it about 10%

If that makes sense...

EDIT:

The thing with high output pips happens with most wags though, the only one I know that won't is Morley George lynch dragon II wah which is setup for high input signals
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Last edited by Metalmaker at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by mmolteratx
Don't own mine anymore. I had a period where I wasn't using it at all and figured it would be better to take the money it was worth and throw it in my amp fund. It belongs to some dude in Portugal now. I bought a Clyde Standard a while back since I found one real cheap and it's okay; I wish I had gone for another Teese instead. So now it's up for sale since I modded a GCB-95 to be as good as my Teese was.

Should have emailed me.

I liked the finish on yours better than mine and would totally have taken it off your hands then flipped this one.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Morley Bad Horsie 2

You can use it standard, or shape the sounds yourself.
Works well for me, and I have been through a few wahs in my day.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Wow, no mention of the Bud-wah yet?
Buddah amplification make the thing.
It's hardwire true bypass, extremely vocal sounding and crystal clear. Really lets the guitars own voice through on a clean channel as well.
I haven't tried it with any particularly intense levels of fuzz yet, but it certainly sings going into a solid drive pedal!
Oh, and it's silver and purple!
Budwah is just a glorified Dunlop.

I really like my Ernie Ball Wah. But I think I'll be getting a RMC3 soon because I've beaten mine to hell.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

I would mess around with it. I definitely like it way more than any crybaby that I have owned. Do you guys have a problem of Crybabies braking all the time? My friend and I both had one, and they both broke with in a year.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by kracdown
Do you guys have a problem of Crybabies braking all the time?

I haven't been able to get any Dunlops to accelerate either.

Quote by Webstacular
Wow, no mention of the Bud-wah yet?
Buddah amplification make the thing.

not any more. Since peavey bought them they've been made in china.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
I haven't been able to get any Dunlops to accelerate either.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Is the EB Wah good? I have one sitting around, but never used it, TBH.

Why are you asking if it´s any good when you have it? what you need to do is plug it in and you´ll know how it sounds.