im trying to play a song that has tap harmonics (i think thats what they're called ). anyways, i play the seventh fret on the g string and tap the harmonic on the 19th then 14th then 12th. The problem is after I play the 19th, the sound basically runs out. sometimes i go faster and can play the 19th and the 14th but i cant sustain the not long enough. Is that fixable by just playing louder, or is there a certain tequnique?
Always Rock!
I find that tapping the note harder works better, but you need more precision for it. Just have to work on that though.
for tap harmonics, make sure you're actually tapping the metal part of the fret and not the finger board in between it
"SO GLAD TO BE HERE I COULD JUMP OFF EVERY BRIDGE
BUT EVERYBODY'S GOT A ROPE AROUND ONE OF MY LIMBS
THEY'RE TRYIN' TO GET THEIR PIECE THEY KEEP ON TEARING ME APART
THEY WANNA GET INSIDE SO THEY CAN KICK AROUND MY HEART
"
Use the bridge pickup, and if you have a wah, using that in the treble position adds a treble boost that helps harmonics come out.
Miiiiks and Nazo64 together have a perfect answer....

hit the fret itself, not between them, and make sure you make it hard, fast and accurate... I find that using the side of my pick for it works well, anyways good luck!
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.