I've got a Valveking 112 in absolutely flawless condition. Upon purchasing, I had the shop install new tubes in it for me, as it was my first tube amp and I didn't know much about them, but I want a little bit better sound. All I know about them is they say 6L6EH on them. I can take a better look if you're interested. This amp has never been turned above half volume, it's in great shape.

However, I recently decided I'd like to remodel my tone, and the Valveking doesn't fit what I want anymore. I'm looking for 450 dollars for the amp, I paid 500 for it new. Or, I'd like to trade it for a Peavey JSX, 5150 or 6505 namely, but any high quality, high gain amp in the price range works. Must be tube. Any size, except the practice models.

The amp is located just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. Trades must be in person, let me know if you want to buy it.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Ah shit, i forgot. Footswitch is included.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
i also own a valveking and im in the same boat as you but i hate to tell you i dont think anyone would trade down from a 5150 or 6505. I have been trying for awhile. You would probably be able to get rid of the amp for around $350 thats what i bought mine for and it is the head version. If you do happen to trade with someone i say congrats.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I hate to tell you but the other posts above me are very much correct. I also own a VK112 and mine was $399 brand new. The only trade you might be able to get within your specs/price range would be a high gain Bugera, and I've heard the reliability on those can be iffy.

A couple things you might be able to do is use the amp for some trade value on buying a used JSX or 6505. Also I've used a pedal in front of the amp's gain channel and been able to get a pretty decent metal sound. Obviously it's not perfect, but I'm not too big into teh br00tz so it works for what I need. Also you may want to try cranking it before you sell. Tube amps "sound best on 11" so you really don't know what kinds of bitchin sound you can get from it if you never made it past half volume.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah