because thats their job
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
oka so...... you need a new amp and than you'll sound way better.
Because someone who is new to guitar doesn't need to spend a ton of money on a decent amp. And for some reason people act like the other modelling amps are any better when none of them are particularly stage worthy.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Can someone please explain this meme?

Say you go into GG&A asking about a new distortion pedal that can give you the sound you want. They'll ask what amp you use. If you tell them you're using a Raven, they'll tell you that you really need a new amp instead of a distortion pedal. Which is true most of the time. The meme should really be...

"What you really need is a Peavey 6505." Because it gets suggested for nearly anything. I personally hate the sound of the 6505 more than a Spider, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Apr 3, 2011,
They obviously need to make money so that they can get a new amp.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Because most people starting out would rather have access to a variety of effects with shitty tone than decent tone with no effects.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Say you go into GG&A asking about a new distortion pedal that can give you the sound you want. They'll ask what amp you use. If you tell them you're using a Raven, they'll tell you that you really need a new amp instead of a distortion pedal. Which is true most of the time. The meme should really be...

"What you really need is a Peavey 6505." Because it gets suggested for nearly anything. I personally hate the sound of the 6505 more than a Spider, though.

Was there a thread that started this? I FEEL SO OUT OF THE LOOP!
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
I bet eventually the mods are gonna put a warning on the next person who uses that meme.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Was there a thread that started this? I FEEL SO OUT OF THE LOOP!

Not really. It's just been said so many times in GG&A.

The funny thing is, I get the impression that a lot of the people in there spend more time collecting equipment and reading about it online than actually playing.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
It's not a meme, it's just something that is relevant to most of the threads started. You get a lot of people asking shit like "OMGZ CANZ I GET PETROOOCHI'S SOUND WITH A *insert high gain pedal here*?!" and when people ask then what amp they have, they reply with "OH IT'S JUST A SHITTY NO NAME 10 WATTER, BUT THIS NEW PEDAL WILL MAKE IT SOUND AWESOMESOCKS, RITE?!?!" We're just telling them what they need to hear.
What you need is a new amp.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Mate, all you need is a new line 6 amp with insane mode = impressive.