So, i had a quick question, how the hell does steve vai do some of that crazy stuff on the whammy bar without breaking a string, i mean i can do some crazy stuff, but i see steve vai lifting the guitar with just the whammy bar. I try that and i break a string, are there any tips on not breaking strings with the whammy from a jem 7v.
You should be able to use the bar all the way in both directions without breaking strings. If you are breaking strings, the only thing I can think of is that your locks might be too tight. That was my problem the first week I had my RG20061. To fix it I just didn't have the string locked in as tightly at the bridge, and I haven't broken a string on that guitar since.
Ibanez Prestige RG20061
Peavey Envoy 110
Visual Sound GarageTone Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Dunlop Jazz III picks all day errday
Quote by Noslo13
You should be able to use the bar all the way in both directions without breaking strings. If you are breaking strings, the only thing I can think of is that your locks might be too tight. That was my problem the first week I had my RG20061. To fix it I just didn't have the string locked in as tightly at the bridge, and I haven't broken a string on that guitar since.

Wouldn't you be better off loosening at the nut? At least there would be no chance of having a string slip out!
Quote by piop
Wouldn't you be better off loosening at the nut? At least there would be no chance of having a string slip out!

I knew how tight to have them at the nut, I just got a little carried away with the bridge. Like I almost bent my allen wrench tightening them. Because I really didn't want a string to slip out.
Ibanez Prestige RG20061
Peavey Envoy 110
Visual Sound GarageTone Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Dunlop Jazz III picks all day errday