Alright so theres this deal on Craigslist for a Vox AC15 for $300 and I really liked the tone that the AC15 could provide. However, I discovered that it was only a 1 channel amp so the higher make the volume, the more distorted it becomes right?

This is a problem for me cause I play in my band for church and many songs tend to switch between a clean sound and a distorted sound. Is there a way for me to switch between a clean sound on the AC15 and a distorted sound?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Or you could use a guitar with 2 pickups and 2 volume knobs. Turn the amp way up so it distorts and turn one pickup knob all the way up. Then on the second knob turn it pretty far down. When you need to switch just flip the pick up switch.
i swear by single channel amps. using pedals to get more dirt is the best way to do it in my opinion.
Quote by killboypowerhed
i swear by single channel amps. using pedals to get more dirt is the best way to do it in my opinion.

Tube OD > Pedals.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I'm not a fan, just because I hate having to quickly and accurately roll down my volume knobs for distortion/clean.
DroptuneD, that's not always the case.
If you know how to use a good quality OD pedal properly, and if you understand the concept of gain staging, people won't be able tell whether it's tube break up or the pedal.
Last edited by TrueBlues at Apr 4, 2011,
I'm not a fan, just because I hate having to quickly and accurately roll down my volume knobs for distortion/clean.
Volume knob + pickup swap > channels.

Fight me.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
getting more distortion as the volume increases happens with most if not all tube amps, it's not really related to the channels thing.

But yeah, using your guitar's volume knob is the normal way to do it. Or switching pickups if you have pickups with different outputs fitted, or one volume per pickup, as has already been suggested.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?