Saw it today, and it was one of the cheesiest movies I've ever seen.

But right now I'm laying in bed, as I have been for the last 4 hours, too terrified to sleep. Insidious is probably the scariest movie I have ever seen in my life, and I live for horror films of all types.
ghosts
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
It was cheesy AND terrifying? How does that work?
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Sewn Up
It was cheesy AND terrifying? How does that work?

I was confused as well...
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
This is just an example of how something can be cheesy and terrifying...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flThVSZe64Y
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.

thats how.... Boo
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by Maidenallica
Saw it today, and it was one of the cheesiest movies I've ever seen.

But right now I'm laying in bed, as I have been for the last 4 hours, too terrified to sleep. Insidious is probably the scariest movie I have ever seen in my life, and I live for horror films of all types.

Then you haven't seen many scary movies. Hell, I find Traffic scarier than most modern north american horror films, and it's not even a horror movie.
I feel you OP. Just saw that 2 hours ago and shat brix. It's easy to say a movies not scary when you haven't seen it.
Inception + Insidious = ...Incestuous?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I saw it a couple of days ago. It was horrendous and not scary at all. If you were scared by that movie, maybe you're a cat and loud sounds frighten you because that was basis for all the "scares" in that movie.
Stop being a nerd, Ts.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by genghisgandhi

It's good to see that Darth Maul is back working.

Zabrak can't grow hair.

EDIT: Nvm. I just realized it's a wig.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Nah, the Star Wars prequels sucked.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by TrustMeWhenISay
that's exactly what I thought

Ditto. And when someone opened a door, I think it was the mom(who looks 22 btw) some guy in the lower left area of the theater said "ahh!" in a goofy and scared low voice. On purpose of course. Every one busted out laughing. Good movie.
(Invalid img)
I'm doing this from an iPod so I hope it works. The scariest image of the movie imo.
Quote by ExhaledFate
(Invalid img)
I'm doing this from an iPod so I hope it works. The scariest image of the movie imo.

So the scariest part of the movie was in the trailer?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Insidious is appalling, and Jurassic Park is scarier.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I thought it was supposed to be as scary as REC.

Well, poo.

Nowhere near. REC is the only film I really don't enjoy watching on my own. Insidious is just your stereotypical 'music builds to crescendo, monsters pops out' crap with a predictable ending.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Hmm, from that Darth Maul picture and the title I am assuming this movie is about Darth Sidious and his rise to Sithdom.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
God damn it, I had just gotten that movie out of my head too.....

I screened it with a few employees at my theater the night before it came out. I urinated myself quite a few times.
Sail upon the open skies
Insidious may not be "scary", but it's definitely something different than the run of the norm monthly release horror film. It combines a lot of old tactics from the genre used back in 80's and really is just a big game of "spot the throwback". That being said, I saw the flick back in October at the Toronto International Film Fest and then again a couple weeks ago and changes have been made to the film that I don't agree with. There are a couple scenes that have been cut out for the wide release that were genuinely creepy and I wish they had been left in.

The movie does have a lot of cheese in it, that's for damn sure, and it does make a genre shift near the end that makes it more of a fantasy as opposed to a horror. On the regular watcher this may be confusing and push them towards rating it on the old "shit" meter, but for old school horror fans it's nothing new( think The Gate, Demons, or Ghoulies).

It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than all the rehashed and crapped out horrors Hollywood has been releasing lately.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by tobysaurus
So the scariest part of the movie was in the trailer?

No no. Nof in any way the scariest part. Just the creakiest screenshot. In my opinion. There are other parts far worse than this. Come to think of it, there is another creepy screenshot. But seriously man, everything is so much more intense when you are actually WATCHING the movie. Not just from pictures on teh internetz.

Edit: what make this part so creepy is the tone of the lady's voice as she narrates the scene, and what she reveals and the sound of the demons claw opening, and then the following scene, well that's for you to find out. Go see it.
Last edited by ExhaledFate at Apr 22, 2011,
I saw it twice. The acting was horrible but it was still very intense. The animations were pretty bad but it did have some different cinematography in the beginning. Visually it was a hit and miss. The acting was really spotty but the scares were genuine. It was a decent film.
POST RAWK