I don't know if this has been made before, I searchbarred and found nothing.

Anyways pit, what is you favorite solo?

It can be a guitar, bass, drum, vocal, violin, trumpet, farting, burping or whatever floats your boat.

Write the name of the song the solo is in, followed by the band name and whichever musician playing the solo instrument's name.

I shall begin :

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic (Eddie Hazel)

At the moment I suppose mine would be Peruvian Skies by Dream Theater. But my opinion on the GREATEST solo changes fairly often
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Write the name of the song the solo is in, followed by the band name and whichever musician playing the solo instrument's name.

Anyway

Slash, Estranged - GN' R
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Fermented Offal Discharge - Necrophagist
I love pretty much all of their solos but this one stands out. Muhammed Suicmez is an amazing song writer.
Your sir, need a cookie
I like the farting solo in Paul Gilbert's Ol...

The scary thing is that it really sounds like something Paul Gilbert might do IMO. :/

John Petrucci: Under A Glass Moon - Dream Theater

I've been loving this solo for a few months now.
guns n roses - november rain the slash epic solo in the middle
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

Comfortably numb, Dave Gilmour - Pink Floyd
Quote by Twist of fate
I started after Porkins died.
I can't fap to a fat guy.

Quote by gavincandance
just imagine if we had a pack of raptors with infantrymen equipped with assault rifles and grenades going through the jungles of vietnam.
A few favorites:

Selkies - BTBAM
Shogun - Trivium
Hollow Years - Dream Theater
Jetpacks Was Yes! - Periphery
Whales, Dunes, The Great Plains, Gallows - Scale the Summit
Windowpane - Opeth
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by daft26deano
Comfortably numb, Dave Gilmour - Pink Floyd

Oh god, I forgot about this one...might have to change mine now
Quote by TheAbsentOne
A few favorites:

Selkies - BTBAM

This is definitely one of my favourites, but I think my favourite solo right now is probably Windowpane by Opeth. Love it
My Gear :

Jackson JS1 Dinky
Line 6 Spider III 30W

... I need more gear
Baying of the Hounds. That solo is kickass. Even better when you listen to the entire song
Quote by DavmanRFC
guns n roses - november rain the slash epic solo in the middle

Don't you mean the outro? It's good too...

OT: I believe it's the last solo in Holy wars by Megadeth. The really fast one going all the way down the fretboard and back up. It's not my absolute favorite but it's a damn good solo.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Pho3niXnz
This is definitely one of my favourites, but I think my favourite solo right now is probably Windowpane by Opeth. Love it

Ah, man. That's a good one. Gonna go ahead and add that to my list..
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I don't know if this has been made before

Only 65 gillion times..

But, to answer the question, my favorite solo ever is from Summer's Rain by Savatage, played by Criss Oliva (RIP)..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Time by Pink Floyd.

It's so ridiculously simple, but it's amazing.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Hard to say... so many styles, so many compositional goals/phylosophies, etc... and they change with time for me but let's see...

Jazz/Fusion: Frank Gambale - either Spike's Song, or The Great Roberto
Prog Rock: King Crimson - Frakctured - Epic solo by the one and only, Robert Fripp
Prog Metal/Virtuoso: MAB - Time Traveler
Classic Rock: David Gilmour - Mother (Pink Floyd)
Soft Rock: Eric Johnson's style... anything and everything, he's a (pentatonic) god among men XD
Blues: Jimi Hendrix - Red House

But really man, there's just too many great soloists out there... and i left out so many genres, like metal, flamenco (mainly because i don't actively listen to those that much) and classical (which would be a whole different guitar world that is just too big to cover in a simple coment), but even without those, so many names were left out that it's just insane.

BTW, it's so great to see this much love to Gilmour, his solos are totally praise-worthy.
Last edited by guitarrios at Apr 4, 2011,