EXCUSE CRAPPY PHOTOS. THE LIGHTING WAS BAD.
EDIT: NICER PICTURES ARE FURTHER DOWN.

So, I got home today and sitting on my bed was a big brown rectangle with Express Mail stickers on it.

Could it be that my Schecter has arrived finally?

It's certainly looking like it.

TADA!
IT'S MY NEW SCHECTER C-8 BLACKJACK!
In the Aged Black Satin finish.

I ordered this about a month ago from The Mad Ape.
It finally arrived today and I'm absolutely blown away.
Granted, I am still in the honeymoon phase, but at the moment I am absolutely in love with this thing.

The Seymour Duncan Blackouts sound amazing. The clarity on the low F# string is crystal clear, although with my current EQ settings (which I haven't had the time to tweak to suit the 8 string) it gets a bit muddy playing chord on the low strings. And the high end comes through just as well as the low end.
I'm glad I listened to everyone saying that Blackouts were better than EMGs. Cos they certainly are.

I was a little concerned about the matte finish was gonna be a little grabby or clingy when it came to sliding or playing fast on the neck, but I've had no such problems. It's my first matte finish, and I've not had a problem with it. It looks amazing as well.

The 26.5" scale is actually pretty good for an 8 string. I thought that to get a tight low string, I would need a 27 or even 28" scale, but the 26.5" scale works great. It'd be even tighter with some thicker strings, but as of right now, the D'Addario 10-74 set that comes standard on them is sounding great.

I haven't had any problems at all with the width of the neck. I honestly have no idea where the hype about Schecter's 'baseball bat' necks comes from.
The neck on this 8 string feels about at wide as the neck on my 7 string Agile, which isn't wide at all. Like I said, I dunno where the hype comes from.
I am in no way, a big handed guy, and it's really comfortable for me.

VIDEO LINK
Please forgive me if it's a little sloppy. I've only had it for about 4 hours.

Questions? Comments? Best wishes/HNGD?

Last edited by Disturbed_EMG at Apr 4, 2011,
HNGD!

Man my GAS for a 8 string has risen.
Did they chuck you any freebies?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Haha, sorry mate.

Nah, no freebies. The guitar's awesome enough.

Hope it plays well mate.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
how does the low end hold up on that? isnt it only a 28 inch scale?

i have a hell c7 with 27.5 inch scale and the low end starts to get a bit muddy past G

looking to buy an 8 but i dont know weather or not to get an agile 29/30 inch scale
Quote by mr7string
how does the low end hold up on that? isnt it only a 28 inch scale?

i have a hell c7 with 27.5 inch scale and the low end starts to get a bit muddy past G

looking to buy an 8 but i dont know weather or not to get an agile 29/30 inch scale

It's only a 26.5 inch scale. It holds the low end surprisingly well.
I thought I was gonna need a long scale to hold the F# string, but as I said, this holds it surprisiingly well.

If you're a big guy (unlike me) you'll get away with a 28 or 30" Agile, and Agiles are great guitars, so you can't really go wrong.

Scale length is mainly preference. I thought it was really important to have a long scale for 7 and 8's but I've come to find that it doesn't matter overly, as long as it's not too short for your preference.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
It's only a 26.5 inch scale. It holds the low end surprisingly well.
I thought I was gonna need a long scale to hold the F# string, but as I said, this holds it surprisiingly well.

this is a shock haha iv seen people with 27 inch ibby rga8's that said it sounds like dirt unless they use an 80 gauge haha, ooh well ill have to try some!
That thing is a sexy beast dude. Between that new purple Agile 8 string and your video.... now I really f'ing want one!
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Wow! It looks awesome and sound even better! You just ignited my GAS for a 8-strings... damn you........!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

congrats!! im glad this axe finally reached you! that wait had to be killin you haha.

i enjoyed the riffage. i still remember how awesome it felt the first time i ever struck the F# (well it was F for me). your tone in the vid isnt that bad either. these things can be tricky to EQ for at first but in no time at all, you'll have that thing singing. as per playing chords down low, i personally dont think they even sound like chords below G# but rather 3 individual notes. so its not a problem with your tone being muddy, its just that the notes dont gel like they normally do in power chords.

Quote by Disturbed_EMG

I haven't had any problems at all with the width of the neck. I honestly have no idea where the hype about Schecter's 'baseball bat' necks comes from.

this x 10000. i think the hype comes from people who have only played ibanez their whole life.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88

this x 10000. i think the hype comes from people who have only played ibanez their whole life.

Even some Ibanez necks are comparable to Schecter necks. I played an EGEN8 and the neck felt almost exactly the same as my Schecter's.

Can't stand super thin necks. The Schecter profile is almost as comfortable as Gibson's Rounded '59. Anyway.

TS; HNGD, Schecters are always great. I'm hoping to add an Avenger to my collection sooner than later.
Quote by VVolverin3
That thing is a sexy beast dude. Between that new purple Agile 8 string and your video.... now I really f'ing want one!

Well, I don't wanna fuel your GAS further so I'll just say, that by getting one of these, you won't be making a bad purchase.

Quote by OceansBetweenUs
That is totally badass. How wide is the neck? My Schecter 7 string was too wide for me I remember.

Well, if your 7 string was too wide for you, I'm assuming an 8 string would be too wide for you.
That's a tough break, though. Cos this thing's awesome.

Quote by hminh87
Wow! It looks awesome and sound even better! You just ignited my GAS for a 8-strings... damn you........!

Haha! Sorry, man!

Quote by SYLrules88
congrats!! im glad this axe finally reached you! that wait had to be killin you haha.

i enjoyed the riffage. i still remember how awesome it felt the first time i ever struck the F# (well it was F for me). your tone in the vid isnt that bad either. these things can be tricky to EQ for at first but in no time at all, you'll have that thing singing. as per playing chords down low, i personally dont think they even sound like chords below G# but rather 3 individual notes. so its not a problem with your tone being muddy, its just that the notes dont gel like they normally do in power chords.

Yeah, it really really was. Especially since when I checked the tracking yesterday morning it was in my town, but I had to go to school...

I haven't tuned it down yet. That might be something for me to do today, because my plan was to put it in F Standard to play After the Burial and such.
I agree with what you're saying about chords. I can get some of the higher fretted powerchords on the F# to sound okay (probably 3rd-5th fret onwards) but past that it just gets way too muddy. I'm sure there's a way to make them come through clear, but I'm not THAT big on tone tweaking.

Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Even some Ibanez necks are comparable to Schecter necks. I played an EGEN8 and the neck felt almost exactly the same as my Schecter's.

Can't stand super thin necks. The Schecter profile is almost as comfortable as Gibson's Rounded '59. Anyway.

TS; HNGD, Schecters are always great. I'm hoping to add an Avenger to my collection sooner than later.

I can't stand super thin necks either. They just don't feel right.

Every Schecter I've played, I absolutely LOVED. I've fallen for them so very hard.
An Avenger? Nice! I'm sure I'll see your NGD sooner or later then.
8 strings... really?

Anyways, HNGD!!

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Wow, I love the matte finish on it, especially on the neck, my ibanez only has a matte finish on the body, looks smooth as shit. I need an excuse to get a one of these now.
Quote by sk8m8trix
Wow, I love the matte finish on it, especially on the neck, my ibanez only has a matte finish on the body, looks smooth as shit. I need an excuse to get a one of these now.

How about... "I need more strings on my guitar?"
Quote by ArnaudJ
8 strings... really?

Anyways, HNGD!!

yep, welcome to the 21st century

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
yep, welcome to the 21st century

Yeah.. I'm too much old school for you alt. tunings extra strings lovers ;-)

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
I don't think I will get a Schecter again after playing the ESPs and thinner necked guitars that I have. Too thick for me.

Regardless, I like my Schecter, and that is one sexy 8 string.

HNGD