I'll start off with pictures:

Now for the reviews

The head:
As you can see, it is an ENGL Blackmore 100. 4 channel amp with more gain than anyone needs, yet still has a very clear and spanky clean channel. I'm undecided on if I like CH3 or CH4 better.
CH3 is more of the hot-rodded marshall sound, where as CH4 is just the over-the-top super saturated/smooth ENGL tone. This amp is really awesome. I'm a firm believer in boosting, and this amp doesn't even need to be boosted. Saying that, CH4 with a boost gave me one of the tightest, smoothest, most pissed off tones I've ever heard.
I'm undecided on if I like the 6505+ or Blackmore more. I think they both serve their own purpose, and can't really be compared. I'm waiting to get an AB/Y to run them stereo.

Now for the cab:
It's a Son Set Beach Custom 6x12. It's setup to be a 4x12 with a 2x12 on top.
The speaker arrangements are:
2x12 - WGS Retro 30s
4x12 - WGS Vet 30/ET65 X-Pattern

I'm 100% undecided on which speaker setup I like more, they're both sick. One thing I LOVE about this cab and speakers is that there is absolutely 0 harshness/ice picky highs. I've struggled with trying to fight off the harsh highs with V30s for close to two years now with multiple cabs.
This cab ways a TON, but coming from an oversized Mesa 4x12 in a live-in ATA case, it's actually lighter by a good amount.
If anyone is struggling with getting rid of the harshness they have in their rig, I can not stress enough HOW MUCH the WGS speakers helped me while still having an awesome, clear, tight sound.
Tons of good deals on Harmony Central and Sevenstring.org.
Ah, HNAD dude

Engl Amps are teh Sex!

I just saw a Savage60 yesterday on ebay for like 800€ and was seriously considering to plunder my college funds for it.

Clipzorz?

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
Ah, HNAD dude

Engl Amps are teh Sex!

I just saw a Savage60 yesterday on ebay for like 800€ and was seriously considering to plunder my college funds for it.

Clipzorz?

Thanks man!

I ended up getting this one for a steal at $900 shipped USD. Considering they go for $1100+ all day, I'd say I did pretty well.

And sorry, not clips. I unfortunately don't have any type of recording setup.

Edit;
WtrPlyr, it's really not too bad. The stairs to my basement weren't very fun, but like I said, it's a good bit lighter than my Mesa 4x12 in a live-in case was.
Last edited by BryanFTWL at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Wow.

Lucky Bastard.

Man, a year ago I was looking at rigs like this and thinking the same thing. Really all I've done is flipped gear for profit a good bit, and save up little by little from each paycheck.
I'm talking like $20 from each pay.
I just sold my epic rig

Major jealous, epic setup mate.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Why on earth would you do that?
Going to any clips on that engl and cab mate?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If I ever get around to picking up a recording setup. I have some other gear related items I need to take care of first though.
I love the matte finish on that guitar, compliments the setup very nicely. You get points for style man, I still want to know more about that Schecter. Totally digging the whole cab setup though.
Quote by sk8m8trix
I love the matte finish on that guitar, compliments the setup very nicely. You get points for style man, I still want to know more about that Schecter. Totally digging the whole cab setup though.

Thanks man!
When I get my EC-600 back from being swirled, it will match even more.
Here's an example shot the guy I have doing it sent me:

And before anyone asks why swirl a 600 series LTD.
It's a 25.5" scale Eclipse shape with one volume and a killswitch. Basically my dream setup considering the Eclipse shape is my favorite shape, and that I sold off my old Eclipse I CTM and EC-500 due to them being 24.75".
Awesome man! I just got rid of my Savage, it was a beast though. Channels 3 and 4 were where it was at.

From what I hear, the voicing was really close with the Blackmore and Savage. I'm sure they will sound amazing in stereo... I ran my Fireball 60 and Savage in stereo and it was pure sex. The sound was so huge.

The savage sounded best through my vader 2x12 IMO. I had some trouble getting it dialed in with V30s. The vader was straight brutal.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
Awesome man! I just got rid of my Savage, it was a beast though. Channels 3 and 4 were where it was at.

From what I hear, the voicing was really close with the Blackmore and Savage. I'm sure they will sound amazing in stereo... I ran my Fireball 60 and Savage in stereo and it was pure sex. The sound was so huge.

The savage sounded best through my vader 2x12 IMO. I had some trouble getting it dialed in with V30s. The vader was straight brutal.

Yes sir, the Blackmore is based off the Savage with a tad more of a vintage feel. However, CH4 doesn't seem to have a vintage feel at all to it.

What made you decide to sell your Savage? If you don't mind.
Nice man, it's your guitar, swirl the shit out of it if it pleases you.

I just get a hard-on for matte finishes though, that's why I love my Ibanez RG, gotta switch out the stock pickups for something higher output though, it's not punk rock enough for my taste, I even blocked up the tremolo arm just cause. (Yes, I really will buy and play a guitar just cause it's pretty and cheap, sue me)

Post pics after the swirl is done.
Quote by sk8m8trix
Nice man, it's your guitar, swirl the shit out of it if it pleases you.

I just get a hard-on for matte finishes though, that's why I love my Ibanez RG, gotta switch out the stock pickups for something higher output though, it's not punk rock enough for my taste, I even blocked up the tremolo arm just cause. (Yes, I really will buy and play a guitar just cause it's pretty and cheap, sue me)

Post pics after the swirl is done.

What amp are you playing through? A lower output pickup will give you a lot more definition and clarity. And really, super high output pickups aren't needed with the over-the-top high gain amps out there now-a-days.
that cab looks pretty sweeet

never tried a Blackmore, but from everything i've heard they're full of awesome

HNGD dude
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
that cab looks pretty sweeet

never tried a Blackmore, but from everything i've heard they're full of awesome

HNGD dude

Thanks!
I usually play through my Fender Mustang II, I could never move up to buying a full cab and setup like that, I usually just use a lot of modulation effects and high treble to get that ear piercing annoying as shit sound I want, I think with some active EMG's I could probably get that same tone with less gain and not notice that annoying buzz. If I were to buy anything new I'd probably go with a Marshal amp combo, one of my friends has one and I can get just the tone I want on it with no issues.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Life

Should've sold your body instead.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Should've sold your body instead.

You wouldn't say that if you have seen my body

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I just sold my epic rig

Major jealous, epic setup mate.
Has the injury to your hand finally got to you?

On a lighter note, confrabulations, TS, that is a very nice looking set-up. 6x12's are epic for teh doomz.
Quote by Tom 1.0

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
awesome, love the blackmore

nice name for a cab too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
AWESOME!

One question.
Wont a 4 channel amp have more knobs?

nah shared eq over the 4 channels, and only two gain knobs (iirc)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNAD

ET65s ftw!

Quote by Tom 1.0

all those years playing xbox and eating cookies?
Quote by Tom 1.0

You're blond and British. You can get any American girl you want, Tom.
Quote by BryanFTWL
Yes sir, the Blackmore is based off the Savage with a tad more of a vintage feel. However, CH4 doesn't seem to have a vintage feel at all to it.

What made you decide to sell your Savage? If you don't mind.

All 4 channels pretty much sounded the same with slightly different voicings and different gain structures.. I just wanted variety I could only get out of a multi-head setup.

I would have either had to spend a ton of money on getting the setup w/ the versatility I wanted or trade my savage for an Axe-FX setup.. Which I did
/rig
Sweet setup, youve got like 1000 tones to choose from!

HNAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Wont that cut live usability like hell?

nah not really... i mean each channel has a different voicing.

but it's still a compromise over separate eq, definitely.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nah not really... i mean each channel has a different voicing.

but it's still a compromise over separate eq, definitely.

This.

The only thing I would really change is if it had 4 separate gain knobs.
Quote by gregs1020

all those years playing xbox and eating cookies?

No

just cant get defined no matter how hard I try.... Nobody likes a lardy marathon runner

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb