Page 1 of 4
Post what you would buy and why. Looking for super heavy, brutal metal tone. Dirty only. Dont list something because it has good cleans along with decent distortion.

Looking to see what you guys think. Balls to the wall mtal tone.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
For an all out, wall of sound, ballsy amp, a 5150/6505 is hard to beat IMO.
Everyone complains about them being fizzy, blahblah. The little fizz they have destroys in a band mix. They cut like hell, they sound huge, and they're built like tanks.
Tons of good deals on Harmony Central and Sevenstring.org.
Last edited by BryanFTWL at Apr 4, 2011,
Nice, keep em coming guys. Price not an issue. This is kinda like dream amp stuff.

I had the Peavy, Have the Pitbull now. I really want to do side by side comparison with my Pitbull and an Orange Rockerverb 100 or whenever the Orange TH100 is out.
Quote by BryanFTWL
For an all out, wall of sound, ballsy amp, a 5150/6505 is hard to beat IMO.
Everyone complains about them being fizzy, blahblah. The little fizz they have destroys in a band mix. They cut like hell, they sound huge, and they're built like tanks.

You know that is a really good point being that they cut through well. I got rid of it because of the fizz, and I had it for 3 years so wanted something new.

But now the problem I have with the VHT Pitbull is it cutting through the mix. Sometimes it gets lost.
Bogner Exctasy
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
ENGL Fireball
ENGL Powerball 2

personally i think orange amps are a waste of good money.

edit:
how could I have forgotten a Mesa triple Rec? (which they have started making again )
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Last edited by lifesuckstomuch at Apr 4, 2011,
If you find the 6505+ to sound fizzy to the point that you don't like it, try swapping speakers out.
I highly recommend WGS speakers now, as they have killed every bit of harshness, and most of the fizz I had in my rig.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

personally i think orange amps are a waste of good money.
)

I thought the Orange kicked quite a bit of ass when I plugged it in.
Quote by BryanFTWL
If you find the 6505+ to sound fizzy to the point that you don't like it, try swapping speakers out.
I highly recommend WGS speakers now, as they have killed every bit of harshness, and most of the fizz I had in my rig.

Yeah I did never have a real good cab with it.
That'll make any amp sound bad.

But to what the person said recommending the Fireball/Powerball, yet dissing Orange is a total fail.

The Fireball 100 is a great amp if you want that wall of sound feel, but the 60 is not. I also didn't like the Powerball much.

Orange amps aren't a waste of money, they're actually some of the best amps made, they just are a little different than your standard modern metal amp.
Marshall MG100 with matching 4x12 cab !! with a Hello Kitty guitar with EMGS !

treble = 10
Middle = 0
Bass = 10
Gain = 11

BRUtALZZZZ
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Quote by BryanFTWL
That'll make any amp sound bad.

But to what the person said recommending the Fireball/Powerball, yet dissing Orange is a total fail.

The Fireball 100 is a great amp if you want that wall of sound feel, but the 60 is not. I also didn't like the Powerball much.

Orange amps aren't a waste of money, they're actually some of the best amps made, they just are a little different than your standard modern metal amp.

I didn't dis them, I just don't like them and said so. don't like the tone, the look is nice but just the way they sound isn't for me.

and i love the fireball. dat low end brah
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Last edited by lifesuckstomuch at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
I didn't dis them, I just don't like them and said so. don't like the tone, the look is nice but just the way they sound isn't for me.

Saying "personally i think orange amps are a waste of good money." is very much so dissing them.
i guess thats a personal definition thing then, 'cause in my book it's me sharing an opinion.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by lifesuckstomuch
i guess thats a personal definition thing then, 'cause in my book it's me sharing an opinion.

There's a difference and sharing an opinion and saying an amp is a waste of money.

But I did really like my old Fireball 100, I had to keep the low end at like 9 o'clock with the bottom switch off or it muddied up the mix.
I always wanted to try an ENGL SE..

Jeff Loomis runs 2 Savages in stereo... and it is a brutal fest all day. IMO pick your 2 favorite high gain tones and run them in stereo.. boosted... FTW
/rig
Quote by BryanFTWL

But I did really like my old Fireball 100, I had to keep the low end at like 9 o'clock with the bottom switch off or it muddied up the mix.

and that my friend, is how you know when your amp has enough low end.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by mespinos

Jeff Loomis runs 2 Savages in stereo... and it is a brutal fest all day. IMO pick your 2 favorite high gain tones and run them in stereo.. boosted... FTW

Wow that does sound nice. I need to buy a Savage and run it with my amp in stereo.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
and that my friend, is how you know when your amp has enough low end.

No joke.
Quote by mespinos

the SE is the only ENGL i've ever played and it is amazing. however, there are a lot of switches and stuff that i found didn't really do much to the tone. overall tho, its simply incredible, £3500 tho would get you a Roadking or almost £1000 change if you went with a VH-4 or Herbert so i probs wouldn't go with one of those

ultimate brootz??

6505 + 2 Channel Recto + Herbert + SLO =
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Triple Rectifier
end of thread.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Orange Rockerverb 100
Titan Custom
5150/6505
JCM800 boosted
SLO100
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by shredftw
ultimate brootz??

6505 + 2 Channel Recto + Herbert + SLO =

I have a boner thinking about this setup.
Quote by rushpython
what is it? my school dosn't let me go to ebay on school.

A modded 50W Marshall head made for Wolf Hoffman.
Mahogany guitar w/ EMG 81 > Triple Rec > Mesa recto cab.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Bugera EnergySphere.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
the new Fortin Hell Oh Kitteh!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
lol.

the new diezel?

honestly though there's not a lot of amps more brootz then the fryette.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
lol.

the new diezel?

honestly though there's not a lot of amps more brootz then the fryette.

Yeah I love it, its only the CL no UL at least there is an eq. I find it always getting lost in the mix at band practice though and that scares me.
recently i had my 6505+ on just the rhythm channel with the gain at maybe 6 and the amp was cranked. it was so heavy i couldnt believe it!(i never really cranked that channel). i was very impressed! no boost or anything!. i like mesa too. my friends marshall jvm410, and taht thing is incredible. just plain incredible. two different amps with two different sounds.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify

or

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My Mesa tremoverb does it for me, boosted with a Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp. Chunk for days and beautiful clarity with no unnecessary fuzz.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Page 1 of 4