hey guys, i got me a t00b 4mp about two years ago, and I'm wondering if I should have changed the tubes by now? also what's the average life of a set of tubes?

and given I need to change them; what tubes should I get? I have a Peavey Valveking 100 combo. (pretty happy with it, kinda wish i could get more out of the OD channel if that's at all possible with a tube change)
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
If you put in high gain preamp tubes you'll get a slight jump in gain. I really like jj's. They really made a noticeable improvement on my amp's sound. Idk about tube life because it depends on so many things. I'd just plan on changing them out sometime in the near future.
You need 6L6GC's for the big power tubes. I used to have this amp and if you want to improve the sound a bit look into some new speakers. It's amazing what that can do. But look for some winged C's 6L6's and JJ small preamp tubes with high gain. Look at a Jan Philips (forgot the rest of the name) for the phase inverter position it gave much better harmonic content.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
hey guys, i got me a t00b 4mp about two years ago, and I'm wondering if I should have changed the tubes by now? also what's the average life of a set of tubes?

and given I need to change them; what tubes should I get? I have a Peavey Valveking 100 combo. (pretty happy with it, kinda wish i could get more out of the OD channel if that's at all possible with a tube change)

I did a tube swap, speaker change, and lots of mods to my valvekind. But the best thing I did for more distortion (but still good sounding) was getting the MXR 10 band EQ. Makes it sound like a totally different amp (IN the FX loop) and takes most of the VK's mud away.

But a speaker swap and tube replacement are good to do as well. Check out the VK thread here. Its hundreds of pages long,m chock full of great VK info.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.