Page 2 of 5
Quote by Din of Win
Almost as odd as watching leftys play right-handed fender basses up-side-down!!

There's that one post-rock band i can't remember, whose guitarist plays a righty Jaguar as a lefty... sure the controls are awkward, but he makes it work! Sometimes that stuff just looks rad and can inspire new models....

(Forgive non-bass pics)

The HIGHLY saught after, Squier Vista Series Supersonic is an up-side-down Jag:

The Mosrite shape is said to have come about from a lefty playing a right-handed strat:

But yeah... holy-Stingrays Batman!!!

Man i dont know how you do it with those knobs
Left handed bass player

1998 Fender Mexico Jazz Bass

2006 Warwick 5-string Rockbass
Since you spoke of lefty Jazz basses, here is my right banded neck lefty body jazz bass.
Attachments:
jazzbass.JPG
Last edited by askrere at Apr 10, 2011,
Bit of a bump, but this is a pretty cool thread, here are a couple of pictures of my hot pink P-bass copy in action.

They're pretty terrible quality, but they were only from the phone of the drummer's sister's boyfriend.
I'm the far left btw, if you couldn't tell which was the guy holding the hot pink p-bass copy.
Tha Bomb Squad

Tabdog
Last edited by tabdog at Apr 18, 2011,

A recent student gig to prove to y'all I do play upright. My youngest is the guitarist in front of me.
Quote by Guano23
You can see my whole setup in this one heh. Ibanez EDA900 and EDB600. Just missing the Boss GT-10B.

Your Ergodyne and my Ergodyne should have bass babies. Mine's name is Horatio.

Long time no see, UG. This thread allows me to trumpet my glorious return with ACTION SHOTS. (Thank you for this, OP)

These are from a show a couple of weeks ago with my side project band. It was a Battle of the Bands at a college amphitheater. Yay for outdoor shows!

I like this one because my hair looks freaking crazy. Like. Medusa hair.

This one is pretty in-character for me. I am a happy bassist.

And here's a picture of the whole band, for context. Plus, you can kind of see my rig. Which is:

Ibanez EDB 600
Ashdown MAG 600RM
Old school Fender Bassman 410 and 115
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I'll contribute. I'm still only 17, so most of these are school events. My band play mostly funk/groove/rock.

Newest: A school talent show I did about a month ago.

Jamming at a mates house about 4 months ago

Another school event I did about 8 months ago.

My (growing) rig:
Ibanez/Soundgear SRX360? bass
Fender Rumble 150

And before I got the Rumble I played through my Roland Cube30x guitar amp :/
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Hmm..after trawling I still cant find any decent fotos...and I havnt gigged in a seriously long time...I hope you can all accept this youtube vid from an old Bar Academy gig (the venue hasnt even been there for over a year now)...you get to see me dance to the guitar solo,and if you're REALLY bored you can watch the whole set...much of which comprises of me trying to hold the group together with a terrible drummer...But I do have my old westone and a Top Hat,and for all you Twin Peaks fans out there, the song is called Fish in the Percolater...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BdKpAYcOdY&feature=related

*Edit*

And heres one with my gothed up in Subside, with the Sandberg and my Trace Elliot helping out my mates band live, again apologise its vids not pics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBb0AUZPC_4&NR=1
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Last edited by skippy_moogoose at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by skippy_moogoose
Hmm..after trawling I still cant find any decent fotos...and I havnt gigged in a seriously long time...I hope you can all accept this youtube vid from an old Bar Academy gig (the venue hasnt even been there for over a year now)...you get to see me dance to the guitar solo,and if you're REALLY bored you can watch the whole set...much of which comprises of me trying to hold the group together with a terrible drummer...But I do have my old westone and a Top Hat,and for all you Twin Peaks fans out there, the song is called Fish in the Percolater...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BdKpAYcOdY&feature=related

*Edit*

And heres one with my gothed up in Subside, with the Sandberg and my Trace Elliot helping out my mates band live, again apologise its vids not pics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBb0AUZPC_4&NR=1

Mmm, Kyussey.
Quote by Spaz91
Mmm, Kyussey.

Mmmm, compliment
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
In the beginning we had Amy, the Ibby. She made me happy

But after a tragic accident, she was held together with masking tape. A picture from my last concert with the lovely lady.

So I needed someone to fill the hole in my life. But... I wanted more.

Enter my 5 string baby, Molly.

She is a lovely lady, and we have been together for a while now. She takes a beating but she loves it!

She likes to show off too

I also have another lover... but we don't talk about her on this board...
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
Is that somebody else playing your baby in the last picture? (left hand)

She's getting fingered by somebody else! Alright i'll leave now.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Is that somebody else playing your baby in the last picture? (left hand)

She's getting fingered by somebody else! Alright i'll leave now.

Yes. We didn't speak for a while afterwards.
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
Not the best quality in the world, but:

Me playing a custom shop Warwick made for Markus Grosskopf (bassist of helloween)

Just realized that the angle makes me look a lot shorter than I already am
Last edited by Fishybones at May 16, 2011,
My new favorite bass... my moded Squier Bronco... effing LOVE it!!!

I had two shows last week, and here are a couple from them:

"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Yay Bronco pics! Hows the new pickup working out so far?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Yay Bronco pics! Hows the new pickup working out so far?

LOVE it.

I mean it sounds great sure... but it's the range it has, that impresses me the most. The volume knob is great, but the tone knob like, ACTUALLY affects the tone a lot.

I know, crazy, right? But i've had basses where the tone knob is basically there for cosmetics and is always open, or else it's unusably muddy... but this one is great. With it rolled back i get a really good 'P bass with flats' thump, and with it open it gets an almost jazz-bass growly zing to it, but all the while having it's own slant on things.

It's one of those awesome setups where i can really leave my amp flat, and tweak things on the bass. It also lends itself well to being sensitive to where/how you play with a pick/fingers.

<3 it so much!!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Not much of an "action shot", you can't even see me that well, but it's a cool picture.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Here's some pictures of me at a gig 3 weeks ago with my band, Raw Nerve. Rockin the Jazz Bass.

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at May 9, 2011,
Your Ergodyne and my Ergodyne should have bass babies. Mine's name is Horatio.

Cool, I have to say your the only other person Ive seen play an ergodyne bass. I love the sound these thing produce. I think the EDA is the baby of two EDBs isnt it?

This is a picture taken last friday, the first picture of my new bass on stage
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by consecutive e
Not much of an "action shot", you can't even see me that well, but it's a cool picture.

+1... thats a rad picture, for sure! The lighting is awesome!
When we play at that particular pub we usually do split sets with a DJ, it goes down really awesome for both of us. That was one of the best shows of my life.
Covers gigs can be awesome too!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
When we play at that particular pub we usually do split sets with a DJ, it goes down really awesome for both of us. That was one of the best shows of my life.

Hell yeah!

I love playing with my one DJ/electronic friend. He's kiiind of a savant with electronic (he's a high-functioning autistic) has the keyboard/kaospad/tables/other-things-that-i-can't-comprehend/things-he's-created set up. I hook up my ginormous pedalboard and play along, making ambient sounds or a really visceral bassline.

Some of the more fun stuff we've done is the closest i've played to doing live dubstep. He did some of his electronic voodoo and was able to control the modulation and wave patterns of my bass with a Wii remote he re-wired... effectively applying that dubstep dirty wobble sound to my bass playing.

Haha, people almost boo-boo'd themselved when i stomped that octave-down pedal

I can't hate on covers gigs either... my girlfriend sings in a Led Zepelin cover/tribute band
Quote by dado23
Oh my! if it isn't a ibanez sr 400, quilted maple ?!
i have always wanted to play one! how does she go?

Best bass I've ever played. Of course, I've only played a couple high end basses, but that thing is NICE.
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
Quote by Felkara
Stingray goes RAWR!!

The modded Squier is also allowed to go rawr too.

Orange half-stack goes rawr in background.

Orange Half stack indeed go rawr, but 1x15 go rawr with more balls

(however i would like to combine our rigs into 1 - 1000watts or orange bi-amped goodness)

Me and Wash
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Double Basser

Me and Wash

PLEASE be a Firefly reference
^Yes, Yes it is
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects

my fortress...

(I'm recording)
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I borrowed a dress from our singer for fun. Got lots of compliments both on my outfit and my playing!

Last edited by UncleDomino at May 14, 2011,
Even more action shots from me. I'm loving this onslaught of gigs. The next three weeks have even more too.

These are from the Yardbird Jazz club in Birmingham, great venue, and even better audience response!

Pink bass distracts from the wonky tie and baggy shirt.

And to finish it off, sexy pose.

^ I have been known to frequent the Yardbird,as its a whole 5 mins from my work...do let me know when u guys are gigging there again,or anywhere in brum
Quote by the humanity