Page 1 of 5
It seems that I only hear about bands that have long passed their pinnacle. The Stones should've stopped years ago, AC/DC first singer was better as was Alice in Chains's, Metallica gradually became worse and so forth. (These are not my words, just what I've heard.) So I was wondering, are there any bands that are at their best - so far - at this very moment?
well I guess Radiohead, they keep progressing and become more complex, creative, and powerful.

But I would be expected to reply with that
TS
Didnt you just name bands that are at least 20 years old when they started
Theres tons of bands at there best now.
And how will we ever know what a bands best is till the bands done
This thread just is too pointless

AND YES This will destroy you +1000
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng
TS
Didnt you just name bands that are at least 20 years old when they started
Theres tons of bands at there best now.

Whatever, I read that like a poem.
I think Rosetta is the best they've been right now, can't wait for the new material this year.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
It's impossible to say, since we can't look in to the future. There's always a possibility that the next album will be better than previous work.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
It's impossible to say, since we can't look in to the future. There's always a possibility that the next album will be better than previous work.

Quote by vagelier
So I was wondering, are there any bands that are at their best - so far - at this very moment?

Quote by fender_696
Arcade Fire

EDIT: ^ NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What do you mean by 'No'? Their first album was great, the second one ... meh, but the Suburbs is really great, so enjoyable, they're doing great stuff, if you ask me it is even better than 'Funeral'
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Quote by Tom 1.0
Periphery.

Also I would have to say protest the hero
CoB>FoB
"I am just a man, with a heart and sinful hands"

Gear:
Washburn Idol WI68
Washburn x-series floyd rose
Full stack Laney
other shitty amps/pedals/guitars
M-audio Interface
AFI. I absolutely love Sing the Sorrow I didnt think they could surpass it, but I honestly think that with Crash Love they've matured and created their best album yet (after curing their electronic itch from DecemberUnderground with Blaqk Audio )
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng

AND YES This will destroy you +1000

I came here to say this.

BUT THEN I READ HIS FRICKIN' POST!!!!!!!!!!ONEONE!!
Quote by Oyface
Guns 'n Roses.

hilarious
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Quote by vagelier

'Bands that are still progressing' would have been a better title in that case .
There are way too many bands that fit that description though..
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by TaV0
What do you mean by 'No'? Their first album was great, the second one ... meh, but the Suburbs is really great, so enjoyable, they're doing great stuff, if you ask me it is even better than 'Funeral'

He meant that you totally ninja'ed him with your post, as in, he was about to post "Arcade Fire" but you'd already done it!

I'm really not up to date with music at all...if a band comes out with a new album, I'm always the last person to hear it So I couldn't really say who's at the top of their game.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by TaV0

It was mock-distress at the fact that you responded with the same band literally seconds before him.

Quote by vagelier

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Anathema, While Heaven Wept and Paradise Lost, I think, are at their best. Tbh I havn't heard their entire back catalogue though, just most of it.
Quote by Xomar
hilarious

Axl sings better than pretty much ever and the band is not on drugs. What's not to like?

Also Chinese Democracy > All other GN'R albums

*insert trollface*

It's true though lol.
Quote by CoreysMonster
The Devin Townsend Project is the only one I can think of.

+1

Great songs and easily the most entertaining show I have ever been to.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by vagelier

you win

one simple sentence destroyed my thought of intelligence and ego.
I am now your slave
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Machine Head. Started off well, slipped downhill, and rose as giants. If they can top The Blackening I will be incredibly impressed, but as it stands this is their pinnacle.
Mastodon. I wouldn't be surprised if they top Crack The Skye, but it'll be hard.

Anathema keep progressing with every release as well.
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Manchester Orchestra
And I think Norma Jeans latest album is nearly at par with Bless the martyr
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by Oyface
Guns 'n Roses.

Bwahaha! Guns 'n Roses? They haven't been a band since Slash left Axle's dumbass and Axle turned into a plastic barbie doll.

All seriousness though. Trivium, Five Finger Death Punch, In Flames...
Quote by ruste84
Bwahaha! Guns 'n Roses? They haven't been a band since Slash left Axle's dumbass and Axle turned into a plastic barbie doll.

All seriousness though. Trivium, Five Finger Death Punch, In Flames...

QFT.... and Gingers with Cornrows are just WRONG.

Also, I'd have to say Coheed and Cambria added to those.
Quote by TaV0
It's the fact we both posted Arcade Fire at the same time.

I wanted to be the first to say it

EDIT: Oh, and I also agree exactly with what you said, hence the reason me saying them.
Last edited by fender_696 at Apr 4, 2011,
Hindsight is what you need for this.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
The Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, Converge, Eels, Kanye West, Laura Marling, Manic Street Preachers, Meshuggah.

There aren't that many bands that I and others feel are at the height of their careers, but there are definitely a few of them.
devin townsend's entire career has been one giant peak since 1997, imo. except physicist and the SYL self-titled album, everything he's made has been pretty untouchable in terms of overall quality, and he never sounds uninspired.

I think if Incubus continue to expand in the experimental direction they played with on their last two albums, their new one could also be the peak of their career.
Last edited by flame843 at Apr 4, 2011,
Iron Maiden.

Yes I'm incredibly biased, but The Final Frontier is easily one of their best albums.

They were at their best in the 80's, and they're at their best again now.
MANCHESTER UNITED
Page 1 of 5