Page 1 of 2
So I've bought a bunch of stuff recently, and here it all is. We'll start small, and work up.

A Toyroom FX modded TR-2, sounds awesome, adds a real nice layer to a clean sound. Tim's extended rate mod gives a real nice range. Anyone considering ordering something from Tim or sending something to be modded, he comes with my full recommendation. Great contact and real nice work.
However the purple rate LED keeps me up at night.

A Maestro MFZ-1 clone from our dear forsaknazreal. This thing just nails the Black Keys, but don't be fooled, it's not a one trick pony. It's a brilliant low-mid gain fuzz, definitely sticking on my board, it's a great alternative to the Musket.

A Dr Scientist Reverberator. I actually bought this just because I thought it would be nice and easy to flip. Turns out that I love it! Soon as I clicked onto the plate sound I knew I was keeping it. Fantastic reverb and actually a really good solo boost as well since it hits level volume at 9 o'clock on the level knob.

Not a fan of the odd colour combo though. Think I might switch out the knobs to some cream ones or something.

The Creamery PAF Humbuckers. These are nice low output pickups, the bridge puts out 7.9K or something like that but they sound incredible. Thick sounding cleans and leads on the neck and a nice bitey bridge. Anyone in the UK, I would really recommend The Creamery very cheap and very nice.

The pickups are sat in this:

A Gibson SG Standard. Such a nice guitar. Plays beautifully, sounds fantastic with the new pickups in it, and I picked it up for a steal because it was sold with no pickups in it.

Now, to something exciting. Some of you might know that my amp wasn't quite tickling me in the same way. It was nice, but it was just awkward to get the tones I wanted in the ways that I wanted them, so I've flogged it and swapped it for something special.

So I found this by accident. I posted a question on the Matamp forums asking about 2 channel Matamps. This guy sends me a message and a week later I have this box sat in my living room.

The interesting thing about this amp is, that there are only 4 others like it. In the entire world. I have no idea why though. This is the amp I've had dreams about. It just nails the sounds I was searching for.

At first I was disappointed with the lack of gain, and then I put my Tube Driver back on my board and it burst into life. Boosted the 2nd channel up front and it's fantastic.

Clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77gqyaE5hE8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Apr 5, 2011,
wow that really is something special, seriously epic

HNGD
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Wow, cool thing that amp is!

Nice build-up in stuff as well.

ENJOY!
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Black piping might make this even cooler to look at.

Matamp make some of the best amplifiers ever. They are one of the few companies where I regularly GAS for almost everything they make. Only people like Fryette and Diezel do that to me.

Confrabulations, Ben. You deserve this puppy. Have you told the Matamp guys yet that you own one of these?
nice

agreed about the orange and brown colour scheme

and it's interesting that those creamery pickups are nice. I noticed on musicradar they had a contest for a free set. They're handwound and all that good stuff, aren't they? Might have to take a look
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dibs on the RRR when you tire of it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
looking forward to the clips, looks killer happy new stuff day
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial

Incredible stuff! That's all really special and I want it.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
how many watts is that red pig? i found my jaw. i need water...

agreed on the black piping, good call dan. totally agree.

although, since it's so rare i'd probably leave it.

those clips?
It's a 100 watter, and it's freaking loud! Apparently the clips have failed to upload, I'll get on it tomorrow though gents

It sounds incredible, I think a matching cab is in order
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
It's a 100 watter, and it's freaking loud! Apparently the clips have failed to upload, I'll get on it tomorrow though gents

It sounds incredible, I think a matching cab is in order
Good luck with that. Apparently red tolex is virtually impossible to find in the UK right now. Matamp has been sold out for ages. The only way to order it is to order 10K's worth or something.
gut shots gut shots gut shots gut shots gut shots gut shots gut shots.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror

this.

and consider just adding red piping to the cab grill.

this thread =
i actually like the white piping on that amp, fits with the white around the letters. very sexy looking. and since it probably sounds sexier than it looks, well, i must say i am jealous.

are those knobs brown on the reverberator? they almost look maroon. or maybe its just me.
but maroon and orange is the best color combination. so if they arent maroon, you should find maroon knobs.
Holy shit.

HNGD man. I'm insanely jealous of that RED. It's beautiful.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Oldmonkeys
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

that is one dam sexy amp you got there Ben

This.

Even though yours is rare as ****, you've got me looking for Matamp dealers in Aus
Ben...can I haz? You know it would be perfect.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by AcousticMirror

Oh please, oh please, oh please this!!!!!

But seriously, Awesome NGD.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by jof1029
are those knobs brown on the reverberator? they almost look maroon. or maybe its just me.
but maroon and orange is the best color combination. so if they arent maroon, you should find maroon knobs.

fan boi

Congrats Ben, some sick gear you got there
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Very sexy, every piece of it. I do especially love the amp though! HNGD
WTLTL 2011
Page 1 of 2