i would 'inb4' all the jokes to come, but that just ruins the jokes.

anyway, i've found simply starting things helps me push it back because of our natural tendency to finish things off (zeigamik effect). i've also found scheduling my work has helped me. and having 30 minute breaks every 30 minutes to maximize brain function and give me something to look forward to.

tell me some of your ideas, as ironic as this sounds, i have a lot of shit to get on with, and not much care to.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Log off now.

/thread
CoB>FoB
"I am just a man, with a heart and sinful hands"

Gear:
Washburn Idol WI68
Washburn x-series floyd rose
Full stack Laney
other shitty amps/pedals/guitars
M-audio Interface
Dunno, I'll think of how after this song.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I don't. I'm always procrastinating. But I'll tell you about that tomorrow...
Quote by vagelier
I don't. I'm always procrastinating. But I'll tell you about that tomorrow...

Quote by Trowzaa
Dunno, I'll think of how after this song.

oh, you fukken legends.
Quote by So-Cal
Just do it, then you don't have to worry about it.

i'm all for this. but the next time i have something that isn't enough to worry about because there's some way i could do it before lesson, in form lesson or break, i just cave and watch house.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
If your procrastination is happening on the computer turn it off and start it up again and do what you need to do.
Make a list of 3 things you need to get done by a certain time and put it somewhere you can see it.

these never ever work for me but they do reduce my procrastination by a lot
cat
shot of heroin... you'll be gone for hours!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
i just..... start doing stuff.

i am the WORST procrastinator, like, i dont stat anything till the night before, sometimes the morning of.

anyway, recently i've just started doing stuff when i need to do it.

it sounds like a cop out but i just.... decide to do it, and I do.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I've heard that smoking meth can give you quite a boost, like people writing 5 page research paper in an hour and shit like that. Procrastinate now and then smoke meth.
Quote by laid-to-waste
anyway, i've found simply starting things helps me push it back because of our natural tendency to finish things off (zeigamik effect).

Yeah, procrastination is a thought process, so I try to get started before I dwell on the excuses. Then its just a matter of staying busy. Having one speed, one gear: Go.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I'll tell you tomorrow, I cba right now.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I'm pretty sure that taking 30 minute breaks every 30 minutes is procrastinating.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Say that I'll procrastinate later, it gives me time to be productive before I actually have to get down to procrastinating.
-

Oh, if you want to elininate the Pit as a distraction, ask a mod to ban you for a week or so.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Three things that work for me:

1) Having someone else around at the same time (assuming they're also working). Doesn't have to be the same work, just...I find it motivates me more. Also when I feel like telling, for example, biology, that it's a whore of a subject whose mother never loved it, it just seems easier to keep on working afterwards when someone is around to go "LOL I KNOW RIGHT?".

2) Starting it. OK, that's kind of vague - what I mean is taking the first steps. If you're writing an assignment in Word, for example, open word and type your name and the title/question number/date/other relevant crap. It kinda gets the ball rolling, and it's a small step forward. If you need to do questions relating to chapters 5-8 of your textbook, just open the textbook and start reading, or alternatively, look up the relevant words in the index and go to those pages and read. It becomes easier to write about something you've just read all about, I find.

3) Your idea of having little breaks every so often. I find that really helpful, so long as you're not too rigid about it - for example, if you say, "After half an hour, I'll watch three lulzy youtube videos", but find that after half an hour you're still working hard and concentrating well, extend that half an hour until you come to a natural break in your work.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Vornik
I'm pretty sure that taking 30 minute breaks every 30 minutes is procrastinating.

This is what I was about to say. 5-10 minutes every hour or so is all I let myself take when I'm studying/doing work. Just eliminate your distractions and get some shit done. All it takes is a little will power.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS