Hi there!

I have experienced some major problems with two different programs:

Audacity 1.3.12 (Mac) and GarageBand 11. I've been trying to record my guitar with these two programs through Guitar Rig 4. Let me describe the problem for each of them.

Audacity

I have installed the VST plug-in so it can use the Guitar Rig 4 effects. I record my guitar in Audacity, no problem so far. It's recorded clean, through an M-audio Fast Track. The problem occurs when I try to apply the Guitar Rig 4 effects and Audacity actually converts the track but then, when it finishes, my recording disappears and I get no sound at all.

GarageBand 11

I can record everything just fine with the Guitar Rig 4 effects. I save it. The problem occurs when I re-open my saved tracks and want to edit them or listen to them. The program crashes due to some Guitar Rig 4 plugin.

Anyone experienced the above mentioned bugs? Do you have any suggestions? Any hints are welcome.

Thank you!
Dump Audacity. Visit NI's website for help on GR4 in Garageband
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Actually, I just upgraded Garageband and the problem still persists. Although I have tried to record something new and this time I can open it and edit it without problem. It keeps crashing when I open the old stuff though. Things I did differently this time:

- Only recorded one track (in the old recordings I had several guitars)
- Instead of Guitar Rig 4 FX, I chose Guitar Rig 4 MFX as the effect.

I don't know if any of these had any impact on the earlier crashes. I'll check NI's website for help.

Thanks guys!