So I made an order for me and my bud from Tube Depot.

Hmmm... I guess I shouldn't have thrown it down my hallway against the closet door, then... Ah well, what's the worst that could happen? Especially since when I opened the box, all I could find was...

PAPER!!!!! THEY SENT ME BROWN PAPER!!!!!!
Well.. Maybe there's something under it. Let's take a peek...

Ahh.. much better! A quad of Tung Sol 5881's and a quad of 6550's (the big ones for my friend, who must obviously be compensating for something with those big tubes )

Oh, and lookie! In the corner there... 5 JAN Phillips 5751 preamp tubes! And what's that plastic thing at the top..

Caps and resistors! Various SoZo caps, an Audience Auricap, a Sprague Atom electrolytic, and some metal oxide resistors. These will all go towards tweaking and modifying our Randall RM100's

Review coming later. Until then, check this thing out... (next post)
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
you need a new amp.

j.k
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
]
My girlfriend tipped me off to this. I've been looking fofr a classical to beat around on and this one was for sale for $60 at a local shop. I figured, what the hall? It's a great practice tool What's the brand you ask?

Nah, I've never heard of them either, but...

Made in Japan! At least it's not Chinese or Indonesian or Malaysian or anything like that

Sounds damn great for a $60 plywood wonder. Very warm, decent projection. And damn, this neck is THICK!!!! It makes a Louisville Slugger blush it's so damn thick!

Tuning stability is above average. I rewound the D and G strings because I hated how they looked on the head, and they fall out of tune more now, but that's simply user error on my part. Now if only I knew how to play it...

Once again, I'll review the tubes and caps once i use them

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
you need a new amp.

j.k

Lol! I'll have one soon Maybe two! o.o Well, preamp that is.. once I get a job expect a couple more Randall related NGDs...

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
So I made an order for me and my bud from Tube Depot.

Hmmm... I guess I shouldn't have thrown it down my hallway against the closet door, then... Ah well, what's the worst that could happen? Especially since when I opened the box, all I could find was...

PAPER!!!!! THEY SENT ME BROWN PAPER!!!!!!
Well.. Maybe there's something under it. Let's take a peek...

Ahh.. much better! A quad of Tung Sol 5881's and a quad of 6550's (the big ones for my friend, who must obviously be compensating for something with those big tubes )

Oh, and lookie! In the corner there... 5 JAN Phillips 5751 preamp tubes! And what's that plastic thing at the top..

Caps and resistors! Various SoZo caps, an Audience Auricap, a Sprague Atom electrolytic, and some metal oxide resistors. These will all go towards tweaking and modifying our Randall RM100's

Review coming later. Until then, check this thing out... (next post)

sozo. come on. how can you put that next to an auricap and be ok with yourself.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Oh no, I better start buying huge quantities of those 5751's before everyone catches on!

Congrats and have fun!

Lol! Thanks And I have been caught on to those tubes for a few years bro

Min: Because I did it to troll you.

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Lol! Thanks And I have been caught on to those tubes for a few years bro

Min: Because I did it to troll you.

Prs se Holcomb is the answer
are you modding the actual rm or the modules?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
The actual amp. I didn't get the caps yet to actually finish modding the power section yet (basically upgrading components) as they're on back order.

Stupid name.

ahh i see. well how do you like the rm? i was thinking of possibly getting one
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Love it. Okay amp stock, great with a tube change, amazing with tube change and modded modules. I'm mostly messing with the caps in the head to see how it will all affect the sound.

Get the RM50 if you won't really need 3 channels because it will knock about 20 pounds off of what you're carrying, and frees up cash for more modules I'm soon gonna be using 3 modules though, since I'm setting up my Ultra Lead as my lead tone. Fell in love with that mod again

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Apr 9, 2011,
Im also in love with those Jans 5751s. Great choice man.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Thanks to you because you reminded me that my RM needs new tubes.

Anyways nice tubes you got there!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Never If I get any other amps it will be a Framus Cobra, another amp from Randall's MTS series, or one of Craig's fine creations The CEC Brigand is fascinating and would be an excellent new amplifier...

Stupid name.