hey guys , im just looking for a new amp but this time im looking for an amp with head and cabinet, get bored from small practice amps or combos . so what do you guys think of the KH120RHS amp ? i have seen some vids on youtube for it, it sound amazing . so any one have this amp or played on it before or even know someone who own this amp i want his oppinion about it .
Am a big metallica fan so i think this amp would be the right choice for me , but if anyone got another options feel free to write them.

ps : the price of the amp is $666 , i think its a good deal , isnt ?

ummmm as a former Randall owner you can do much better in the randall line for that price.
but whats your budget?

the KH sig series of amps are overpriced man and its too bad. i personally dont like them at all. but thats just me.

for the money here are some better options in the randall line. all of these are on musicians friend.
randall rt50h
randall rt503
both of those are tube

for the solid state/hybrid
used rh300 valve dynamics are nice. the new one is the rh300 +
also the t2 series is quite nice

all of the amps above can get a metallica tone. just stay away from the KH sigs they arent worth the money at all.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Budget?
New/used?
Genres?
Closest Major City?
Gigging?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
The KH120 is quite possibly Randall's WORST amp in all of their line. You'd be better off with a Line 6 Spider III over that piece of shit. I don't recommend it. At all.

My recommendation is to save up for a used Peavey XXX or JSX head and a used Marshall 1960A or 1936 cab. That setup will do Metallica better than that KH120.
iheartgun - i do have a randall v2xm and honestly it sucks !! i was less experince when i bought this amp and honestly i feel bad when i had a chance to buy roland cube 30 but i had this one insted , i still feel guilty about it ! well we dont have lots of amps in my country like in usa , there are some few randall, marshall , kustom , fender and line 6. but anyways thanks for your review bro

major sparky- my budget is open budget to $1000 i can pay more but if something really worth it . and the amp is new in the store but anyone can try it before they buy it so its not like really really new , but not used alot . geners hmm im into heavy metal , alternative and classis rock ( metallica , a7x , breaking benjamin , 3 days grace , led zepplin ....etc. i live in bahrain if you want to know the place . and no i dont have a band or anything i just play alone in the room , but sometimes i play with friends .

lan_the_fox - i can agree with you about the line 6 , i know there are lots of haters in this forum for the line 6 , but i still love it ! i was thinking also to get the line 6 spider iv 75 watt, its look amazing , sound awesome , lots of effects and presets . im using the pod x3 live and im so happy with it . and about the other amps you talked about im not sure if they are available in my country , and i cant order them because the shipping weight gonna cost me alot depends on how heavy they are

so any other suggestions guys feel free to write
Quote by metallica4ever7
lan_the_fox - i can agree with you about the line 6 , i know there are lots of haters in this forum for the line 6 , but i still love it ! i was thinking also to get the line 6 spider iv 75 watt, its look amazing , sound awesome , lots of effects and presets . im using the pod x3 live and im so happy with it . and about the other amps you talked about im not sure if they are available in my country , and i cant order them because the shipping weight gonna cost me alot depends on how heavy they are

The Spider III may be a step up from the KH120, but it is still utter SHIT. Don't even bother with the Spider series. If you must go modeling look into the Peavey Vyper series (and if you can afford it, Vyper Tube).

Line 6's Pods are really good, along with their M9/M13 pedals, but their amps are complete TRASH. All of their good amps have been discontinued. People put down all Line 6 products because of the Spiders.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Apr 4, 2011,
lan_the_fox - we dont have Peavey Vyper amps in my country sorry , but this guy from the guitar shop told me they will bring some new marshall amps next week so i might go and check them .
i think the better way is to try some , well im gonna try the kh120 first who knows maybe i would love the sound of it and fit ma style of playing , and the line 6 amps they are not shit but they are not the best , and i know its hard to get metallica sound with these amps ! but i can get some sweet sounds from the pod x3 live so im sure the spider iv got some cool sound in it as well
i wont be in a hurry i will wait and check some few amps before i buy any
if you think the t2/v2's suck then play that kh halfstack. it brings on a whole new dimension of suck. lol
but hey i tried. does it have to be a randall?
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
iheartgun - no it dont have to be randall , but as i wrote there are just few types of amps in my country i dont have other choises than randall , marshall , kustom and fender , there are other types of amps that i dont even know thier name or heard of them so im not into them